Does Dan Jones have one foot out the door?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rewalters wrote:
lewindha wrote:
GtownRebel wrote:And I think our mascot should be the LandShark, not a black bear.
More fitting.
To tell the truth, I was perfectly happy without a mascot......
Don't get me wrong. I'll take Col. Reb back any day. But, a LandShark is better than the bear.
Some Random Dude
pilotreb
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

GtownRebel wrote:And I think our mascot should be the LandShark, not a black bear.
THIS
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

No matter how much one can espouse about the current state of affairs at Ole Miss being directly the result of this action or that removal of whatever SELECTED tradition, we are where we are due to ONE factor. We cannot lay the success of the athletic program to NOT having this or that, but we must lay the success at the foot of the ONE person responsible---Coach Hugh Freeze.

Without him, makes no difference what we have symbolizing our University for we would not have anything even remotely resembling the present successful situation.

For all of y'all thumbing your chests and boasting of how great we are NOW that we have gotten rid of all those dastardly Confederate symbols.........................put your hand in a bucket of water and see how great and big is the hole left by all your importance/relevance to the present situation.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Was thinking that same thing the other day. The Landshark symbol is really catching on.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

beastbutler65 wrote:No matter how much one can espouse about the current state of affairs at Ole Miss being directly the result of this action or that removal of whatever SELECTED tradition, we are where we are due to ONE factor. We cannot lay the success of the athletic program to NOT having this or that, but we must lay the success at the foot of the ONE person responsible---Coach Hugh Freeze.

Without him, makes no difference what we have symbolizing our University for we would not have anything even remotely resembling the present successful situation.

For all of y'all thumbing your chests and boasting of how great we are NOW that we have gotten rid of all those dastardly Confederate symbols.........................put your hand in a bucket of water and see how great and big is the hole left by all your importance/relevance to the present situation.
Hugh Freeze is the man. And he's ours as long as he wants to coach. He's not moving on. I would also give credit to Archie and the committee that hired him. These are people who truly understand Ole Miss and what it needs to succeed. beastbutler: I am not pumping my chest about removal of certain symbols. I'm just thankful we've moved on. It's a great time to be an Ole Miss Rebel. (And, yes, I do draw the line there: I'll always be an Ole Miss Rebel.)
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
rewalters wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I'll take Col. Reb back any day. But, a LandShark is better than the bear.
I was and still am pretty much indifferent, I wouldn't pitch a fit if he returned, nor did i pitch one when he left....
Randy
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
rewalters wrote:
lewindha wrote: More fitting.
^^^^^^^
This!

Does that really make me a racist?[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Dan Jones was fired!!!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

14zrebs wrote:Dan Jones was fired!!!
And he's been quite vocal about his disappointment in the decision.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Jones wasn't retained because he was too liberal. Not sure if this is good or bad. Yancy and Jeff on scout are saying this is very bad. Also rumors that Jones was going to eventually get rid of "Ole Miss". Don't know how true that is, but he was to liberal and that is why he was let go. Tell u something else, neither RB or HF are happy about this. Hope neither leaves. The board on scout has imploded over this. Lot of folks upset. Wondering if we are headed back to the "good ole boys" again. Will Bryant do such a thing?
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

rebeljim wrote:Jones wasn't retained because he was too liberal. Not sure if this is good or bad?
It is great to have that liberal scoundrel fired. I live in Nashville and jones created a very bad image of OM outside of Mississippi. He was by far the worst, most divisive chancellor in history. He created problems and controversy where there was none before. Before that jerk OM had a good image in race relations and he started race riots at OM for the first time since the 60s.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The only board members against the decision were non Ole Miss people. Dan needed to go, it's sad that arrogant A$$holewon't walk away quietly now that the decision has been made.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Don't be idiots . Dan jones has done more for this university then any chancellor in the last 30 years and yet some of you want him gone because " he dun took away our tursishons! Garble garble ."
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:Don't be idiots . Dan jones has done more for this university then any chancellor in the last 30 years and yet some of you want him gone because " he dun took away our tursishons! Garble garble ."

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Dan Jones had his strengths, but he didn't give two sh*ts what the Alumni thought with the exception of himself and Jim Barksdale.

Some people need to move back to California with Barksdale and his cronies.