Defense Will Be One Of Metrics Used By Playoff Committee

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Just saw an article which said one of the metrics the playoff committee will use will be how well a team's defense would fare if it played in another league. Using that criterion, I fail to see how Ole Miss would not be ranked in the Top Five of the first poll to be released in another couple of hours or so. A great deal of subjectivity and regional prejudices will be removed from this committee if they look at stats like that.
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

Ole Miss is ranked #4: MSU, Fla. St., Auburn, then Ole Miss.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I almost started a poll prediction thread yesterday and my guess was 1) Florida State, 2) Miss State, 3) Auburn, 4) Ole Miss. I got the top four right at least even though I transposed 1 and 2. All along they've talked about the importance of defense and the importance of head-to-head. I look at that and the only one loss team I could see being ranked ahead of us was Auburn. I was right for once. One reason why I hesitate to do predictions is that I usually stink at them. I am too emotionally invested in Ole Miss to be rational at times.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:I almost started a poll prediction thread yesterday and my guess was 1) Florida State, 2) Miss State, 3) Auburn, 4) Ole Miss. I got the top four right at least even though I transposed 1 and 2. All along they've talked about the importance of defense and the importance of head-to-head. I look at that and the only one loss team I could see being ranked ahead of us was Auburn. I was right for once. One reason why I hesitate to do predictions is that I usually stink at them. I am too emotionally invested in Ole Miss to be rational at times.
I almost posted the entire AP top 25 poll in order on Saturday night, but I'm not one to brag.