Freeze and Bo

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I won't name names but we have one guard who rarely ever pulls in time to make the block. Then flails to make it look like he's doing something. It's not his fault. It's the coachs. They know what our skill sets are and they need to do a better job of calling plays that we can execute on. Even if the opposition knows your play it can be successful with proper execution. Our line is not where freeze wants it to be. Instead of adapting to that ms figuring out another schematic way of running the ball we just keep failing at plays our players are not equipped to run. That is my problem right now. We should be throwing more screens and short passes instead of trying to run off tackle for 2 yards. Our offense is based on attacking the safeties and we are having a tough time getting them out of position due to terrible early down plays
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

olemissreb10 wrote:I won't name names but we have one guard who rarely ever pulls in time to make the block. Then flails to make it look like he's doing something. It's not his fault. It's the coachs. They know what our skill sets are and they need to do a better job of calling plays that we can execute on. Even if the opposition knows your play it can be successful with proper execution. Our line is not where freeze wants it to be. Instead of adapting to that ms figuring out another schematic way of running the ball we just keep failing at plays our players are not equipped to run. That is my problem right now. We should be throwing more screens and short passes instead of trying to run off tackle for 2 yards. Our offense is based on attacking the safeties and we are having a tough time getting them out of position due to terrible early down plays
You are correct... He doesnt always run very WELL ;) ....
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:Too much is being made about Bo... You have to be able to run the ball to win a championship at any level.. We could not run Saturday.. You could argue maybe we should pass to open up some things in the run game, but our offensive struggles have more to do with the O-line than Freeze or Bo..
Calling a run on 80% of your first down plays doesn't magically improve your running stats. You have to be unpredictable to be successful! Why do you think we weren't successful running vs LSU? Because they knew when and where we were going to run.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:Too much is being made about Bo... You have to be able to run the ball to win a championship at any level.. We could not run Saturday.. You could argue maybe we should pass to open up some things in the run game, but our offensive struggles have more to do with the O-line than Freeze or Bo..
Calling a run on 80% of your first down plays doesn't magically improve your running stats. You have to be unpredictable to be successful! Why do you think we weren't successful running vs LSU? Because they knew when and where we were going to run.
We were attempting to run against 2 high. I agree, we needed to open it up, but based on the look the run should have been there.