Toughest loss...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

badmotorfinger
All American
All American

I think proud2be needs to consult his OBGYN. I'm tired of the complaining.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Goroth wrote:Banned him this morning. Already taken care of.
Another sasquatch reincarnation?
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

badmotorfinger wrote:I think proud2be needs to consult his OBGYN. I'm tired of the complaining.
And I'm tired of having something to complain about! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

Monday night and I am still butthurt by this loss
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

AtlantaRebels, Remember... alcohol is your friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cajunrebel

RebnPhilly wrote:
Goroth wrote:Banned him this morning. Already taken care of.
Another sasquatch reincarnation?

Sounded like it.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
GtownRebel
All American
All American

CrossroadsReb wrote:What a bunch of morons. We played basically with a scout team OL, lost 5 key defensive players, and had a chance to beat a team that MANY experts are predicting to win it all this year. Just because you played HS football doesn't mean you know enough to second guess play-calling. You sound like that fool I heard stand up at a HS football game one night after a RB broke a good run for about 20 yards and yell, "There you go coach...now, keep running those plays that work and stop running the one's that don't!" What a bunch of morons...Hotty Toddy!! And, BTW...no, my glasses aren't shaded Red and Blue.
Once I realized we were running with a make-shift OL, I was impressed that we did as well as we did. I don't like that Bo stars down the receiver and doesn't go through his progressions, but he did a good job. The defense played as well as it could considering the injuries that occurred during the game. Folks, we were in it until the horn sounded. We have played 5 straight SEC teams and are worn out. This indicates we need more depth and that is solved by recruiting great players. I think we are a year away from being elite. Just my opinion.
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

There is nothing to complain about we are 7-2 in year 3. Freeze inherited a mess and its taken him 3 years to get where Mullen has taken MooU in 6 years. No one expected to be here. We are way ahead of the game. Sit back and enjoy the ride or you can run Freeze off and hire Nutt again. Which would you prefer? Geez!!!
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Freeze is my coach and no one can talk me out of it. Best coach since JHV in my opinion. We can always hindsight all calls, but so far I am extremely pleased with Hugh Freeze and don't want to lose him or any of our staff. We just need more depth and it will take time. I hear we are on some really good players right now. If we win 2 of the last 3 games, it is more than I expected this year. It was fun being in the top 3 of the nation, but we are still very young. Next year should be a good year.
Last edited by GtownRebel on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

GtownRebel wrote:Freeze is my coach and no one can talk me out of it. Best coach since JHV in my opinion. We can always hindsight all calls, but so far I am extremely pleased with Hugh Freeze and don't want to lose him or any of our staff. We jsut need more depth and it will take time. I hear we are on some really good players right now. IF we win 2 of the last 3 games, it is more than I expected this year. It was fun being in the top 3 of the nation, but we are still very young. Next year should be a good year.
I had this conversation with a buddy of mine a few weeks ago... with all things being equal I will have to admit that Freeze might be better than Vaught...while Vaught is and was our "King Coach" he wasn't hampered by all of the rules we have today regarding scholarships and RPI and NCAA rules and such... so I really think I have to give the edge to Freeze over Vaught...seriously... Think about it a while and I think that Freeze has gotten more mileage out of less than Vaught and I am sure he has been able to pull us as fans back in line and pulling in the same direction...Vaught didn't have to do that. Freeze has really done a yeomans job of satisfying us as fans and creating a juggernaut of a team in a very short time... granted I was just a kid when Vaught had his hayday but I really think that Freeze might be the "Second Coming" of JHV if not a better choice... thoughts?
Later,
Hagar
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I am very happy with Freeze so far--I like him as a coach and as a person-- but I will need a larger sample size before I can compare him with a coach that coached for 24 years. I will also need at least an SEC championship before I can equate him with a coach that won six.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

colreb1974 wrote:There is nothing to complain about we are 7-2 in year 3. Freeze inherited a mess and its taken him 3 years to get where Mullen has taken MooU in 6 years. No one expected to be here. We are way ahead of the game. Sit back and enjoy the ride or you can run Freeze off and hire Nutt again. Which would you prefer? Geez!!!
MooU hasn't lost yet, but I hope they have one before playing us. I say that to point out while I feel were as good as/better than MSUx, our record doesn't concur.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:I am very happy with Freeze so far--I like him as a coach and as a person-- but I will need a larger sample size before I can compare him with a coach that coached for 24 years. I will also need at least an SEC championship before I can equate him with a coach that won six.
^^^^^^
This

Freeze hasn't created a dynasty yet. I need to see SEC Championships and National Championships before comparing him to Coach Vaught.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

proud2breb wrote:
JustBlues wrote:I am very happy with Freeze so far--I like him as a coach and as a person-- but I will need a larger sample size before I can compare him with a coach that coached for 24 years. I will also need at least an SEC championship before I can equate him with a coach that won six.
^^^^^^
This

Freeze hasn't created a dynasty yet. I need to see SEC Championships and National Championships before comparing him to Coach Vaught.
Back in the days of Vaught, you could dress 200 players on the sideline, Heck Vaught always had 15-18 QB's on the roster...that isn't really a level playing field for a comparison. Recruiting wasn't even monitored by the NCAA on any level. you could literally buy a NC during that time frame. Ole Miss and State were the only schools in the state for all practical purposes. Vaught was a great man and my hat is off to him but, when you give a man an unlimited amount of power you would expect unlimited ability to unveil itself...the entire legislature of MS was behind Ole Miss during the Vaught years, kinda like the system Alabama has in place today...Vaught was a great role Model for his players and Freeze is doing better than Vaught at teaching young men how to approach life lessons with dignity. Ross Bjork is Hugh Freeze's best kept secret. I don't care about winning as much as I care about raising young athletes. This is the real measure of a man. I give up on teaching you anything about credibility regarding football discussions. I am ready to just throw up my arms and scream at you to go back to voting democrat and remain short sighted and measure the successes of your abilities and life lessons through your wins and losses and overlook the value of life lessons learned in the great scheme of things. Yes I am telling you that it is possible to learn much more from a loss than a win... scientists do it everyday through the scientific process. When I made the comparison between Vaught and Freeze I was looking at the big picture of the job he has done as a coach.
Later,
Hagar
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I am a Hugh Freeze fan and think his hire has been a home run. With that being said there are some things I want to see. First I want to see him develop a QB that can run his system and do it right. The QB position is so important in his system that the offense will struggle without a very good QB. I want to see him maintain the defense that he has built so far. Most up tempo teams don't have dominate defenses. They try to out score other teams. This years defense has been great but I want to continue watching the defense play like it is a sin to give up a TD. I want to see him recruit a big, fast running back. Deuce McAllister the second is what I have in mind. Last but not least I want to see the offensive line come along like the rest of the team seems to be. I know it takes time but every aspect off the program seems to be ahead of schedule other than the O line.