Who does ole miss need to cheer for to stay in playoff Pic?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:I think you are wrong. If it were head to head big 10 champ with 2 vs ole miss with 2, I'll bet you a souvenir cup at the playoff you are wrong. The west owned 4 of the top 5 spots in the county at one time, common sense says they are about to beat each other's asses. The comittee is smart enough to recognize that, and the fact that our two loses would have been by a combined 7. Not to mention, the way we lost the auburn game. I also think you are wrong about where auburn will be. Sure they beat us at home, but if you look at the schedule, that was our 5th conf game in a row. It was a bad loss. I also think you are overshooting the number of 1 loss teams that will be left. Tcu will lose again. Florida state is going to lose to Miami or Florida, wait and watch. Either of which is going to drop them tremendously. Arizona st has to play at Arizona. I'm more concerned with getting jumped by Baylor and teams like that.
Anyone else surprised we only moved up one spot in the playoff rankings? With 4 teams ahead of us losing, I really thought we'd move up 3 slots to 8th behind Auburn. Given were 10, does anyone REALLY think we can get in the playoff picture unless we win the SEC championship?
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Yes. It can still happen. A couple of losses by other teams and a strong finish could get us there. No one is saying its gonna happen, but all hope is not lost.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Need Georgia and bama to win this weekend
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:Need Georgia and bama to win this weekend
Yep, that would keep us in the hunt for the West.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:Yes. It can still happen. A couple of losses by other teams and a strong finish could get us there. No one is saying its gonna happen, but all hope is not lost.
I'm counting 5 losses needed in addition to us winning out:

MSU-1
Bama-1
Auburn-1
TCU-1
Oregon-1

Did I miss one?
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
WildRebel wrote:Yes. It can still happen. A couple of losses by other teams and a strong finish could get us there. No one is saying its gonna happen, but all hope is not lost.
I'm counting 5 losses needed in addition to us winning out:

MSU-1
Bama-1
Auburn-1
TCU-1
Oregon-1

Did I miss one?
Ga and bama this week
Beat ark next week
Beat Msu then have au win
That gets us in Atlanta
Win there and let the chips fall cause no 2 loss team has our resume or in how we lost. If a one loss team in the sec could jump an undefeated team (as many have said) then a 2 loss with our situation can jump a one loss. Ride it till it can't happen.
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

If Auburn wins we are out of the hunt for the west. My question is this. If State beats Bama and we win out even though we would have two loses would that throw us in the top 4? I would hope that beating the number 1 team so late in the year would give us a good shot. Just a random thought
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi
Goroth

colreb1974 wrote:If Auburn wins we are out of the hunt for the west. My question is this. If State beats Bama and we win out even though we would have two loses would that throw us in the top 4? I would hope that beating the number 1 team so late in the year would give us a good shot. Just a random thought
I still believe the only chance we have is to win the SEC championship. Otherwise we would need a ton of help out of the top 7 in order to make it.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Florida State will go down tomorrow... Ohio St game will be tight... Lets go UGA and Roll Tide!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:Florida State will go down tomorrow... Ohio St game will be tight... Lets go UGA and Roll Tide!
I was praying you would be right about FSU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:Florida State will go down tomorrow... Ohio St game will be tight... Lets go UGA and Roll Tide!

Good ole fashion luck. Coupled with sketchy officiating. The ACC wants fsu in. Florida very easily could be the stinker.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Texas will help the cause by beating TCU....
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

MageeRebel425 wrote:
proud2breb wrote:

Good ole fashion luck. Coupled with sketchy officiating. The ACC wants fsu in. Florida very easily could be the stinker.

And we thought only the SEC offiicials needed glasses.....
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Win out and quit worrying. Even if we do win out we won't know for 4 hours after the last game if we go to Atlanta. Focus on one thing.
Goroth

bbqit wrote:Win out and quit worrying. Even if we do win out we won't know for 4 hours after the last game if we go to Atlanta. Focus on one thing.
Auburn loses to Bama we know we aren't going.