OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I'll take him.

If that is what you are insinuating.
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Does no one think he returns to tOSU after Barrett's injury? If not, I wouldn't be opposed any more than signing Kelly. I'd rather have a 3rd yr system player step right in but if the coaches aren't comfortable with what they have then we have a bigger problem. And I'll take as many competitors as possible. It's a numbers game. A staff who all just got pay raises should know who's about to step up but before you get your panties in a wad, I understand "we" haven't seen enough to warrant worry. BTW, my $'s on BIG LIG!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The only two things in life that make it worth livin'...
Are guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
cajunrebel

Our past has not shown much success in this area but we need a playmaker. Arkansas is making their case as well.

http://www.arkansasfight.com/2014/12/2/ ... backs-2015
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Well O and Nutt didn't have success with it. But, Freeze sure did. Of course, I'm talking Sr. transfers and Juco transfers. I'll trust the coaches, but I just haven't seen anything that gets me excited about Buchanan or Kincade. Except the fact that I'd like to see Kincade on the field at another position.
Some Random Dude
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:Well O and Nutt didn't have success with it. But, Freeze sure did. Of course, I'm talking Sr. transfers and Juco transfers. I'll trust the coaches, but I just haven't seen anything that gets me excited about Buchanan or Kincade. Except the fact that I'd like to see Kincade on the field at another position.
There is a time and place for it. We needed Bo Wallace as part of our building program. He was very valuable. Now, with limited scholarship availabilities and depth needed at other places, bringing in a QB transfer on scholarship is very risky. As far as Buchanan and Kincade, they really haven't been given the opportunity to show what they can or cannot do, at least not to us. They have either been stuck into games with backup olinemen (and remember our lack of depth there) or thrown into the fire in an away game against an inspired team in the cold rain after hardly any weekly reps. I think that after a heated competition between them, starting with bowl practice, one of them will emerge as a good QB. Whoever wins will be behind a much more experienced line than Bo every stood behind. They will have top-of-the line receivers (seriously, we are going to be loaded at receiver next year). They will be in their third year in the program. I don't feel bad about our QB situation at all. We had no QB when the decision was made to take a risk on Bo and it paid off better than most would have thought. We are in a much better situation now and are scholarship limited so I personally don't expect that risk. If it is taken, then it will be for a reason and I will be more worried about our situation if that happens than I am now.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If you have an opportunity to bring in a player, bring them in.. I think people judge some transfers unfairly.. Masoli came in and led an offense that averaged over 30 points per game.. We didnt win a lot of games because the D was horrid and gave up about 35 a game.. Cream rises to the top with competition. I like both QBs, but they both make me a little nervous.. I know Buchanan is a smart kid, but he is not really a dual threat guy.. Kincaid for sure is, but I dont know about him reading defenses and being a precession passer.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:If you have an opportunity to bring in a player, bring them in.. I think people judge some transfers unfairly.. Masoli came in and led an offense that averaged over 30 points per game.. We didnt win a lot of games because the D was horrid and gave up about 35 a game.. Cream rises to the top with competition. I like both QBs, but they both make me a little nervous.. I know Buchanan is a smart kid, but he is not really a dual threat guy.. Kincaid for sure is, but I dont know about him reading defenses and being a precession passer.
Yeah, I was just looking up some stuff on Masoli. Everybody looks at that as a failed experiment, but offense wasn't the problem.
Some Random Dude
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:If you have an opportunity to bring in a player, bring them in.. I think people judge some transfers unfairly.. Masoli came in and led an offense that averaged over 30 points per game.. We didnt win a lot of games because the D was horrid and gave up about 35 a game.. Cream rises to the top with competition. I like both QBs, but they both make me a little nervous.. I know Buchanan is a smart kid, but he is not really a dual threat guy.. Kincaid for sure is, but I dont know about him reading defenses and being a precession passer.
Yeah, I was just looking up some stuff on Masoli. Everybody looks at that as a failed experiment, but offense wasn't the problem.

Yep there were times he was the best thing we had going. That guy would have been hell in this offense.
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I am sure no one here is 100% convinced that Miller won't go back to OSU to compete for a starting job and furthermore, it just seems that the intended use of this thread was to be hypothetical at best anyway.

That said, just for the poops and the giggles, I would take a long, hard look at Mr. Miller if given any kind of interest from him.

First of all, yes, we lose some fairly important pieces from this season to graduation, but, and of course I have no real way of knowing, it seems to me that the team as a whole won't lose a great deal. I.e- the next guy(s) up have been impressive enough in a limited roll this season. Our biggest losses come in the secondary (I feel we are going to be fine there), the line backing corp (again, to me, fine there) and QB (not sold on our choices there).

That said, I see no reason, if we have a legit QB, that next season cannot be as good or better than this one (assuming that we are talking about Miller's availability next season, a la Jeremiah).

Also, yes I see that in a year when you do not have a whole lot of scholly's to give, giving one to another QB could be risky. However, seems to me the upcoming year is a real good time to roll the die on a guy as talented as Braxton. As someone else has already pointed out, Masoli was pretty d*** good while he was in Oxford and would be hell in the current offense; Well Braxton would bring the same thing, and if not, you lose a scholly for just one season. If you bolster units with talent and depth, which I feel is wayyy in progress of being done, then, sure, cast that die.

I should also point out that unlike Masoli or this Kelly kid, Miller is not suffering from being accused of character flaws, the guy just met with some unfortunate circumstances.

Yup, I'd take the chance, but then again, I do what I do for a reason, I don't come close to being paid four and half large for doing it, so easy for me to say.