I still stand by my statement

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

steve nichols
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

We have lost 2 games and shot under 30% in both games. Summers has nogame this year, Moody is out of control, no big men playing like big men, and everyone trying to dunk versus just putting ball in rim or using tne backboard.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

proud2breb wrote:How do we own Cincinnati and lose to TCU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually TCU either had a very good game against us or they have a decent team. They are undefeated so far and looked good in Oxford. They really did show a half court offense that made our defense look pretty weak in the second half. If they play like they did against us they will be a tournament team I would imagine.
Goroth

I believe TCU has a good team. I don't take anything away from the loss. Should be the Rebels first loss. But oh well to that. Still a lot of season left. Not hanging my head at all.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

So why aren't they ranked?

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote:I believe TCU has a good team. I don't take anything away from the loss. Should be the Rebels first loss. But oh well to that. Still a lot of season left. Not hanging my head at all.
We always say that. Well I believe they are a good team. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. If we want to be a good team, a tournament team, we have to start winning these games.... at home ...... on TV(ESPNU). And we just haven't. AK can't seem to do it. But, a new arena will fix all of that. Including his coaching deficiencies.
Some Random Dude
Goroth

proud2breb wrote:So why aren't they ranked?

They only way you have a good basketball team is to be ranked?

Teams that don't start the season ranked, but are good. They have to build themselves up throughout the year. Why am I explaining this?
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

Goroth wrote: Why am I explaining this?
Because you sir have not hit the FOE button, YET!!!
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote: They only way you have a good basketball team is to be ranked?

Teams that don't start the season ranked, but are good. They have to build themselves up throughout the year. Why am I explaining this?
I didn't start the topic, but I agree with the premise. Teams that are good get better throughout the season. Looked like we took a step backwards. We still have time to move forward, but we're NOT a good team right now. I think we can get there. Also, I think we would be ranked if we beat TCU.
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

rickochet2 wrote:
Goroth wrote: Why am I explaining this?
Because you sir have not hit the FOE button, YET!!!

I am hitting the like button.

Deadman
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Reality Check: Current Sagarin Basketball Ratings: TCU--#23; Dayton--#58; Ole Miss--#65; Cincinnati--#71; Creighton--#72. Undefeated TCU is a Top Twenty-five team.

Another Reality Check: Top Five SEC Teams according to Sagarin: Kentucky--#2; Arkansas--#40; Florida--#57; Georgia--#64; Ole Miss--#65. We will have an opportunity to move up with victories over Arkansas, Florida and Georgia. Wondering if anyone can beat Kentucky this year, though.

It's early. We are in a position to create a Tournament resume. Let's see how it all plays out.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:Reality Check: Current Sagarin Basketball Ratings: TCU--#23; Dayton--#58; Ole Miss--#65; Cincinnati--#71; Creighton--#72. Undefeated TCU is a Top Twenty-five team.

Another Reality Check: Top Five SEC Teams according to Sagarin: Kentucky--#2; Arkansas--#40; Florida--#57; Georgia--#64; Ole Miss--#65. We will have an opportunity to move up with victories over Arkansas, Florida and Georgia. Wondering if anyone can beat Kentucky this year, though.

It's early. We are in a position to create a Tournament resume. Let's see how it all plays out.
Yes, but a win against a top team would've helped that resume. No? It boggles my mind that after 8 years, we still say, 'well they're top 25 team so we should lose'.

And TCU is #32 and #35 in the rankings. I'm not saying they aren't a good team. But, how about we get a coach to build a program where we expect to beat a #32/#35 ranked team. Or God forbid, regularly beat several top 25 teams in a season. Or how about, when we get down to the end, and we HAVE to win against last place South Carolina to help our resume, we actually win it.

Let's stop making excuses and expect better results after 8 years.
Some Random Dude
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

It's my opinion that if Kennedy doesn't get a Tournament bid with this team, he should be let go. I didn't say so in my last post. What I said was that the season was young and that we had the opportunity to create a Tournament resume by winning games against teams ranked above us. Pointing out the Sagarin Rankings was not an excuse. It was just a snapshot of where the computer thinks we are now.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:It's my opinion that if Kennedy doesn't get a Tournament bid with this team, he should be let go. I didn't say so in my last post. What I said was that the season was young and that we had the opportunity to create a Tournament resume by winning games against teams ranked above us. Pointing out the Sagarin Rankings was not an excuse. It was just a snapshot of where the computer thinks we are now.
I get it. I'm just so sick of hearing, 'well they're a good team' every time we lose. So what! If you want get in the tourney, you have to beat good teams. I'm not saying we need to beat Kentucky. But, TCU? Yeah!
Some Random Dude
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Next test will be at Dayton. They are ranked above us. We need to beat them and move up in the computer rankings. Interestingly enough, we have not lost on the road this year. That will help us come Tournament time.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:Next test will be at Dayton. They are ranked above us. We need to beat them and move up in the computer rankings. Interestingly enough, we have not lost on the road this year. That will help us come Tournament time.
I will withhold judgement until we can actually win some important conference games. Two years ago we started 12-2 before conference play and then at the end everyone had us not making the tourney until we made a run in the SEC tourney. The year before that we started 11-4. The year before that we started 13-3. Sooo... we know nothing yet.
Some Random Dude