Question about Atlanta / Ga Dome for Peach Bowl

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

CMB
2nd String
2nd String

I am going to be able to make the trip to Atlanta for the Peach Bowl and am looking at hotels. There are still quite a few available but I wanted to make sure I did not mess myself up. I am sure there are not any hotels left that provide a shuttle to the Dome but I have read, heard and researched that MARTA is a great way to get to the Dome as well. My question is what hotels are around a MARTA station or what is the best/easiest way to get on one?

I prefer Hilton brand hotels...for 2 reasons. I get my points and I get pretty good discounts as well. I have seen some in the downtown area and in all different areas - Galleria, Northlake, Centennial, Cumberland Mall, Perimeter, Airport

I am not very familiar with Atlanta so any help or guidance is greatly appreciated!
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

We stayed out in the Perimeter mall area for the Boise Game.....there is a train station very close ....we stayed at the Comfort Suites...had a great experience. We drove the less than mile to the train station, and rode MARTA to and from the game...no problems going or coming....We will not be able make the game, but if we were we would most likely stay at the same area...
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

The hotels might not shuttle you to the dome but there are several that will shuttle to the MARTA stations.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

Thanks! We found a hotel in the Perimeter area not far from a MARTA station. Got it booked and we are set to go!
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Uber is a great way to get around Atlanta
GeorgiaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

They are some good places to stay on the marta train line. First of all google marta train line in Atlanta stay away from all lines except the North line, it goes thru the better areas of Atlanta the South, East and West lines are all in the hood be careful. Downtown, Midtown and Buckhead are the high dollar, nice restaurants, and good clubs areas they will have the nice hotels also. The Georgia Dome is on the West line 1 stop from Little Five Points (the hub where the North/south crosses the East/West lines in downtown Atlanta)
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

GeorgiaREB wrote:They are some good places to stay on the marta train line. First of all google marta train line in Atlanta stay away from all lines except the North line, it goes thru the better areas of Atlanta the South, East and West lines are all in the hood be careful. Downtown, Midtown and Buckhead are the high dollar, nice restaurants, and good clubs areas they will have the nice hotels also. The Georgia Dome is on the West line 1 stop from Little Five Points (the hub where the North/south crosses the East/West lines in downtown Atlanta)
thank you for this info! definitely helps!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GeorgiaREB wrote:They are some good places to stay on the marta train line. First of all google marta train line in Atlanta stay away from all lines except the North line, it goes thru the better areas of Atlanta the South, East and West lines are all in the hood be careful. Downtown, Midtown and Buckhead are the high dollar, nice restaurants, and good clubs areas they will have the nice hotels also. The Georgia Dome is on the West line 1 stop from Little Five Points (the hub where the North/south crosses the East/West lines in downtown Atlanta)

We are staying close to Stone Mountain Park.. Would we be better off catching the train at Indian Creek or buying a parking pass to park downtown?
GeorgiaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

MageeRebel425 wrote:

We are staying close to Stone Mountain Park.. Would we be better off catching the train at Indian Creek or buying a parking pass to park downtown?
Indian Creek is not a good area but you'll be ok just don't stop anywhere else in the area, park close to a light pole IN THE MARTA LOT, and dont get off at any other station other than the Ga Dome. If you plan on seeing the city take your car downtown and pay to park.