Chad Kelly arrested

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Seems this board, or at least this thread, is FULL of judges. First of all, it appears there was NO AK-47, bouncer made that up to get the cops there quicker. Also don't appear that Kelly did much. Look at the video yourselves, or is that to hard? Why don't u internet judges allow our HC to make the call????? Most on this thread appears to have gotten the wrong verdict. Guess yall suck at being judges.
That is a long list of charges for him to have done nothing.

That said, I haven't seen the video, but those on Rivals say it looks like the bouncers instigated/provoked Kelly. If he didn't say anything about a gun, whoever said he did should get in trouble.

If Kelly resisted arrest. That alone is enough for me. Boot him. Word is he also scuffled with the officers trying to arrest him? If so, boot him

But, I agree with Jim that we should let it play out. Apparently after all of this stuff, they let him go WITHOUT bail? That is weird. Unless, Uncle Jim or his dad pulled on some strings. Who knows? Let it play out.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

He does need to learn to have his butt home by 12. Nothing good happens after midnight. He should know EVERYONE will be watching him. But there was no gun, bouncer made that up.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

If he didn't have the gun, he needs to sue the hell out of the bar for defamation cause it's all over sports talk radio that he had it and threatened to shoot up the bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Correction - if he didn't say he had the gun

Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

why can't we just quit speculating and worrying about any of this... it will all play out and in the end we will be just fine... either he will be here and doing those of us who are tickled to have him or he won't and those of us who didn't want him here will be just fine... I am just tickled that I know good decisions are going to be made due to have a good christian coaching staff making the decisions for me. Speculation is just like worrying...needless and without benefit. We have zero control and influence either way. Just let it go and lets build on the outcomes we are handed.
Later,
Hagar
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar wrote:why can't we just quit speculating and worrying about any of this... it will all play out and in the end we will be just fine... either he will be here and doing those of us who are tickled to have him or he won't and those of us who didn't want him here will be just fine... I am just tickled that I know good decisions are going to be made due to have a good christian coaching staff making the decisions for me. Speculation is just like worrying...needless and without benefit. We have zero control and influence either way. Just let it go and lets build on the outcomes we are handed.

This
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:
Hagar wrote:why can't we just quit speculating and worrying about any of this... it will all play out and in the end we will be just fine... either he will be here and doing those of us who are tickled to have him or he won't and those of us who didn't want him here will be just fine... I am just tickled that I know good decisions are going to be made due to have a good christian coaching staff making the decisions for me. Speculation is just like worrying...needless and without benefit. We have zero control and influence either way. Just let it go and lets build on the outcomes we are handed.

This
because it's a message board and everybody has an opinion. Some will like Freeze's decision, some won't. But, nothing said here will influence the outcome. I wanted him gone at first. I mean, when you're on a short leash, don't put yourself in a position for this to happen(whether charges are dropped or not).

The most troubling is resisting arrest. All the other stuff are just charges based on what the bouncer and possibly others said, and that could all get dropped. But, the victim in resisting arrest is the person doing the arresting, i.e. the cops.

But, it definitely looks like some people are lying, so I'll let Freeze sort it out.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chad Kelly's attorney: QB was not the aggressor, no gun mentioned

The attorney for recent Ole Miss signee Chad Kelly believes a recently-released video proves his client was not the aggressor in an altercation that occurred outside of a Buffalo, N.Y., bar and restaurant early Sunday morning.

Deadspin.com released a video Monday morning from a tipster showing Kelly and a bouncer scuffle outside of Encore about 3:15 a.m. before eventually being separated by the crowd.

The video, which appears to have been taken on a smart phone, lasts 35 seconds. It clearly shows Kelly's face at the beginning before the scuffle, but about the only easily comprehendible audio is from a bystander yelling "chill bro."

Thomas J. Eoannou, Kelly's attorney, said the video is in his client's favor.

"A video that has come to light that clearly shows that Chad was not the initial aggressor at all, that someone had grabbed Chad outside of the bar," he said early Monday afternoon. "There is audio with it as well and there is absolutely no reference to a gun."

According to the police report in the Buffalo News' original reporting, Kelly stated "I'm going to go to my car and get my AK-47 and spray this place."

"We have been enhancing the audio to the best of our ability and are in the process of developing a transcript, but we are more than confident there was no gun mentioned," Eoannou said.

Eoannou said he believes the whole incident lasted about "six or seven seconds." Asked if he's confident the entire scuffle was caught on the 35-second video, Eoannou said "It appears that way because you can then see Chad is across the street at the end of it."

The News reported Kelly, who was a passenger in a truck, kicked and tried to swing at officers as they removed him from the vehicle.

The bar's security staff suffered minor injuries, including pain and swelling, according to the police report.

Kelly was arrested on charges of third-degree assault, second degree harassment, second-degree menacing, resisting arrest, fourth-degree criminal mischief and second-degree obstructing governmental administration. Kelly, and his male companion who was reportedly kicked out of the establishment earlier in the night, also

were arrested on charges of third-degree criminal trespass. All charges are either misdemeanors or violations. Kelly was released without bail. Eoannou said Kelly's next court date is Jan. 5 -- the same day Ole Miss' winter intersession begins.

"We're hoping that whatever happens, it will not interrupt Chad's career," Eoannou said. "It's my understanding that the school is doing whatever everyone else is and withholding judgment until a proper investigation is done."

Kelly originally attended Clemson out of high school but was dismissed from the program in April. Following Kelly's dismissal, Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said Kelly "had a pattern of behavior that is not consistent with the values of our program."

Kelly transferred to East Mississippi Community College for the 2014 season and threw for more than 3,900 yards and 47 touchdowns while leading the Lions to the NJCAA national title.

Wednesday, Kelly signed with Ole Miss and was expected to step in and compete for the right to replace senior quarterback Bo Wallace.

His future with the program is currently unclear.

"We are gathering facts on the matter," Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze said in a statement Sunday night.

http://www.sunherald.com/2014/12/22/598 ... p=/99/228/
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I just hope the gun threat was a lie and he sues the bar

BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

I just think there must be better options out there.
a dim whit is a dim whit.
Anger management.
But we do not have time for all of that. IMO.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I keep asking myself this question: Why out at 3AM at a bar? Ole Miss just gave him a scholly. Freeze just sat down with him and his family to determine his ability to be a good citizen. The guy was offered in good faith. Being out in the middle of the night at a bar=poor judgment=opportunity for bad things to happen=bad temper=history of bad things happening=black eye publicity, etc.

I am underwhelmed by Chad Kelly.
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Maybe our other two 4 star qbs will step it up

GeorgiaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Dabo's comment was interesting especially since he was tailoring Watson to be the next Clemson QB