So SICK of LOSING ATTITUDES like j87

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

"In no way will ole miss ever make it to the national championship game in men's basketball."

It is losing ATTITUDES like j87 that create a climate of mediocrity at OM. WE may lose today, we may lose in round of 32 16 8 4 or the NC but until we do I am going to believe that we will win every game!
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I never get sick of other's opinions whether I agree with them or not. I certainly am aware that mine are different than most. Here are my thought on the subject under discussion:

I have played and coached sports for many years, though certainly never at the college level. I have never entered a game expecting anything less than coming out the victor, no matter what the odds against it were.

At the college level, I do not see any reason to participate in sports unless you think that you have a shot at winning. The goal in college sports, to me, is winning a championship. Sure you will have down years, but if you think that you will never be in a position to win a championship, I don't see much use in fielding a team. There are plenty of other opportunities to participate in sports recreationally. If you are going to field a varsity team, I believe that you must always ask yourself "what do I need to do in order to win a championship?"
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

14zrebs wrote:"In no way will ole miss ever make it to the national championship game in men's basketball."

It is losing ATTITUDES like j87 that create a climate of mediocrity at OM. WE may lose today, we may lose in round of 32 16 8 4 or the NC but until we do I am going to believe that we will win every game!
It's not a losing attitude. It's history, plain and simple. You think we will beat UK in the national championship game. I think we lose to Wisconsin in the sweet 16. You say me thinking we lose at all makes me a bad fan. This makes me wonder if you've taken your meds because this is mens basketball, a sport where we lack even the most basic resources to have been competitive in our history and have averaged 12 wins per season overall as a program. We've made the ncaat a grand total of 8 times. 8!!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:I never get sick of other's opinions whether I agree with them or not. I certainly am aware that mine are different than most. Here are my thought on the subject under discussion:

I have played and coached sports for many years, though certainly never at the college level. I have never entered a game expecting anything less than coming out the victor, no matter what the odds against it were.

At the college level, I do not see any reason to participate in sports unless you think that you have a shot at winning. The goal in college sports, to me, is winning a championship. Sure you will have down years, but if you think that you will never be in a position to win a championship, I don't see much use in fielding a team. There are plenty of other opportunities to participate in sports recreationally. If you are going to field a varsity team, I believe that you must always ask yourself "what do I need to do in order to win a championship?"
And for the last 9 years, the answer to that question is nothing. So now that we're in, we should expect a championship?

I want to win NC, too. Do I think it's gonna happen? Absolutely not! If that makes me a bad fan, then guilty.

I've always said you have to get there to have a chance. We are there, so we have a chance. But, I'm not naive enough to think we will actually win it.

If we can start making the tourney a little more consistently, then we can recruit better. A new arena will help, but making the tourney IS the benchmark. Do that, players take notice and THEN we can make some real noise in March.

I'm happy now. Win or lose tonight, we made the tourney. That's twice in 3 years. If Kennedy can make this a theme, then the players will come.

I still have concerns that Kennedy has put himself in a situation where he'll have to fill out his roster every year with Juco transfers and Senior transfers to stay competitive. How long is that sustainable is my worry. But, for now Kennedy did what he's paid to do. So, I'll lay off him for a season or two.

Bianco went to Omaha last year and here we are less than a year later and people are *beep* about his coaching. So don't expect people to forget that it took Kennedy 7 years to make one tourney.
Some Random Dude
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

jrebel87 wrote:
14zrebs wrote:"In no way will ole miss ever make it to the national championship game in men's basketball."

It's not a losing attitude. It's history, plain and simple...
I sure hope you are not an OM grad, IDIOT87.

When U say "In no way will ole miss ever make it to the national championship game in men's basketball." U R not talking about history. You are condemning OM in the future
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

You keep calling people names that disagree with you, and your time here will be short.........

BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Agreed. But he also has a point.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

14zrebs wrote:
jrebel87 wrote:

It's not a losing attitude. It's history, plain and simple...
I sure hope you are not an OM grad, IDIOT87.

When U say "In no way will ole miss ever make it to the national championship game in men's basketball." U R not talking about history. You are condemning OM in the future
I happen to have graduated twice from our prestigious university . What's your deal ? Didn't you join this site a few days ago ? Your post history suggests you HAVENT been around for very long .
Goroth

The problem he has is knowing proud2breb.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

I'm kind of tired of seeing dozens of threads started by the same person about the same topic...but don't worry, I won't start a new thread just to make that known.