Does Dan Jones have one foot out the door?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

proud2breb wrote:The only board members against the decision were non Ole Miss people. Dan needed to go, it's sad that arrogant A$$holewon't walk away quietly now that the decision has been made.
You are wrong on so many levels... first let me see if I can enumerate the Ways that Dan Jones has proven himself to be BETTER than his predecessor the Vaunted R Kayhat. This has happened since R Kayhat left.

Enrollment: 23,096, the largest in State history
Growth: OM is the 13 fastest growing univerity in the US and the 3rd in the SEC.
Freshmen Class: 3,814 first time students, another State of MS record. BTW, we rejected 1400 students in 2014 who would have been accepted in 2013.
ACT of entering freshmen: 24.3, a school record, with 57 Valedictorians and 73 Student Body Presidents.
Accounting School: Rated #1 in the South and top ten nationally for last three years, above Vandy, UGA, Florida, UVA, UNC and Duke.
Barksdale Honors College: Record Growth and nationally ranked. Offers an Ivy League caliber education within the framework of Ole Miss.
Both business school and law school rankings on the rise.
Voted Most Beautiful College Campus on numerous occasions.
Record construction: During Jones's tenure we have built or have under constuction 8 residence colleges and dorms-compare that to Khayat's or Turner's administration. We are constructing or planning a new $80 million arena/garage, a $100 million science buliding, a $50 million addition to the Union, a new student rec center, and a bowled in North Endzone.

now to address your ignorance of the IHL vote stat you so eloquently quoted.

FIRST.....
Jones did not have enough votes to be renewed and the vote was on whether to EXTEND or NOT EXTEND.

Secondly,
GIVEN that he did not have enough votes to be granted an extension, the board did THEN vote on:

directing the commissioner to "begin appropriate preparations to conduct a search process for the next Chancellor of the University of Mississippi in accordance with the Board’s policy related to such searches."

Voting yes to find a replacement for Dan is NOT equal to voting to NOT RENEW Dan.
THEY DID NOT VOTE TO NOT RENEW, they DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH VOTES TO RENEW.....

The fact that Patterson and DYE voted to hire a search firm is the right vote IF Dan is done.

The Dye refered to is Dr. Ford Dye... a well known REBEL supported that I personally know and know well.

please refrain from spewing your diatribe as fact or better yet just do us all a favor and go away altogether. I have tried my best to allow you to opine without rebuke but you are trying my tolerance of ignorance.
Later,
Hagar
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

From the IHL. Press release:

The concerns centered on financial issues at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, over which the Board of Trustees has the constitutional duty to provide fiduciary oversight, as it does for all public universities. However, we want to make it very clear that the Board has no concerns over the personal integrity or honesty of Dr. Jones or any other employee of UMMC.

The Board had discussed these and related concerns with Dr. Jones over a lengthy period of time and these matters were not corrected to the satisfaction of the Board of Trustees. The Board cannot directly manage an institution or replace employees other than the institutional executive officer; therefore, the only practical remedy available to the Board was a change in leadership at the Chancellor level.

It had become clear prior to the March meeting that there was not a majority in favor of contract renewal. The Chancellor was informed that there was no path forward to renewal and that the contract would be allowed to expire on its own terms. He indicated he would not resign or retire.
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

interesting...Well apparently this has been something a long time coming (being discussed at length for such a long period of time, 3 audits).. if this release is factual.
Later,
Hagar
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

From what I've seen he has done a lot of good as far the the actual school goes. But unfortunately he got into trying to white wash the place and it rubbed people the wrong way. I'm ok with the decision.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

I am betting big money on Haley Barbour to be the big name that everyone starts flashing around for our next C.
Later,
Hagar
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Hagar wrote:I am betting big money on Haley Barbour to be the big name that everyone starts flashing around for our next C.

Or Archie
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

WOW... I hadn't even thought of Archie...he could easily Rally the Troops but I don't know how much of a Administrative type he could be...Medical Center and all...and I seriously doubt that Archie would even want the job...it ain't like he needs the money, the political headaches or the public recognition! Nothing to gain everything to lose!
Later,
Hagar
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

https://youtu.be/UK8pwHiC588

This is an interview of IHL Commissioner
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Archie is not happy:

As a lifelong Ole Miss Rebel it has pained me to witness the events of the past week concerning our Chancellor and the IHL. Let there be no misunderstanding about where we stand: my family and I are big supporters of Chancellor Dan Jones and feel he has done an outstanding job leading our university. The national reputation of Ole Miss has never been better. Our athletic teams are winning at unprecedented levels. Our enrollment is booming and the academic quality of entering freshmen has never been so impressive. In virtually every measurable category we are succeeding.
Several years ago my family and I made the decision to dedicate time and resources to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in an effort to help improve the quality of lives of Mississippians. We have spent countless hours with the staff and leaders at the medical center and can attest to the world-class work they are doing. UMMC is possibly the most stellar example of the positive things going on in the great state of Mississippi. Dan Jones, along with Dr. Jimmy Keeton and his staff, are to be congratulated for moving our medical center to the forefront of the healthcare discussion.
We will come through this together as the Ole Miss family always does. It is my hope that somehow the decision not to renew Dr. Jones contract can be reconsidered if possible. I know full well how rare it is to find a talented, caring, and dedicated leader. We are blessed to have such a leader in Dan Jones and for that we are thankful.
Sincerely,
Archie Manning
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:Archie is not happy:

As a lifelong Ole Miss Rebel it has pained me to witness the events of the past week concerning our Chancellor and the IHL. Let there be no misunderstanding about where we stand: my family and I are big supporters of Chancellor Dan Jones and feel he has done an outstanding job leading our university. The national reputation of Ole Miss has never been better. Our athletic teams are winning at unprecedented levels. Our enrollment is booming and the academic quality of entering freshmen has never been so impressive. In virtually every measurable category we are succeeding.
Several years ago my family and I made the decision to dedicate time and resources to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in an effort to help improve the quality of lives of Mississippians. We have spent countless hours with the staff and leaders at the medical center and can attest to the world-class work they are doing. UMMC is possibly the most stellar example of the positive things going on in the great state of Mississippi. Dan Jones, along with Dr. Jimmy Keeton and his staff, are to be congratulated for moving our medical center to the forefront of the healthcare discussion.
We will come through this together as the Ole Miss family always does. It is my hope that somehow the decision not to renew Dr. Jones contract can be reconsidered if possible. I know full well how rare it is to find a talented, caring, and dedicated leader. We are blessed to have such a leader in Dan Jones and for that we are thankful.
Sincerely,
Archie Manning
RB is not happy, HF is not happy. Neither is John Grisham or Jim Barksdale.The dogs are VERY happy. This isn't good and will hurt us I'm afraid. Jones has been good for Ole Miss, even though he's a liberal that's *beep* off some rich alumini. And the UMMC flap is all the IHL needed to get rid of Jones. We could lose our AD and others over this. Jones also *beep* off the Gov. when he supported another candidate. Gonna be a big rally for Jones also. The IHL's time has come and gone. All this STINKS for us.
Last edited by rebeljim on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Gertrude Ford Foundation has said they're pulling $20 million for a new science building from Ole Miss if IHL doesn't reverse their decision. I expect Mr. Barksdale to follow suit with his $30 or so million. We"ll see if they go through with their threat Like I said, look for this to get real ugly.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

And now my own threat. If we end up hiring a good ole boy as our new leader, and Ross and others start leaving, including our coach, I will not go back watching CRAP on the field. I don"t give big money, but I will quit supporting Ole Miss. I've been to at least one game every year starting in '71. Proud of that streak. But I'll never go to another game if all this BS goes down. As much as I've loved our symbols, time to step forward, not backward. If enough nobodies like me did the same, well.......Mighty big moment for Ole Miss. Mighty big.....
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Haley would be a great replacement for jones. He was a great Governor and he is well connected among big money Republicans. If he is the replacement for jones OM will be much better off financially and otherwise.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote:And now my own threat. If we end up hiring a good ole boy as our new leader, and Ross and others start leaving, including our coach, I will not go back watching CRAP on the field. I don"t give big money, but I will quit supporting Ole Miss. I've been to at least one game every year starting in '71. Proud of that streak. But I'll never go to another game if all this BS goes down. As much as I've loved our symbols, time to step forward, not backward. If enough nobodies like me did the same, well.......Mighty big moment for Ole Miss. Mighty big.....
well all I can say is I gotta respect your passion.
Later,
Hagar
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

14zrebs wrote:Haley would be a great replacement for jones. He was a great Governor and he is well connected among big money Republicans. If he is the replacement for jones OM will be much better off financially and otherwise.
Don't be f*cking stupid . I suspected that you had Possible issues but If you think Haley would be a better chancellor then jones , you have missed the bigger scheme here . Haley appointed the people that fired Dan . Haley was and is a good ol boy that has his mind stuck in the past along with all the traditions that would have us recruiting two star white boys and winning two games a year if we hadn't gotten rid of them . look at the numbers if you want to see how well Dan has improved this university . Haley will never set foot on campus and if he does the backlash will drive him away .