Ole Miss QB competition a tight one

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

14zrebs wrote:
rebelbear wrote:
1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:Read today that starting QB would not be named until fall. Reason given was probs with offensive line:(
If I had to guess, I'd say Freeze is leaning towards Kelly but doesn't want to name him the starter before the Fall because he is worried he may do something stupid between now and then and embarrass the program. At least if he gets in trouble and hasn't been named the starter then Freeze can just cut him loose without the same level of embarrassment.

Then why is CHF blaming it on the O-Line?
What the heck are you talking about??? he's not blaming anything on anyone. "Anyone who's ever played the game" knows an offense is in trouble without an oline. And I don't need freeze to tell me our oline needs help and injuries have constantly devastated our offense. Not sure what blame you're speaking of but it seems he's been praising the quarterbacks, so again, I'm not sure what you're even talking about.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

What? No reference to that being made by anyone but you.
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

CHF has been quoted saying that he can not pick a QB because of status of O-Line.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

He has said the OL is decimated with injuries right now with 8 players out for the spring season. and that the QB's are tightly grouped with no separation between them at this time. So where is he blaming the OL? I don't see it and I think you are reading something into the person that wrote it. Why don't you go ask Coach Freeze who will be his QB for the fall and report back to us instead of speculating about it?
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Kelly will be the starter. RB will be the back up, and DK will run the wild cat package like Brunetti did. That's my prediction.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

rebeljim wrote:Kelly will be the starter. RB will be the back up, and DK will run the wild cat package like Brunetti did. That's my prediction.

I seriously doubt CHF will risk starting Kelly. He has praised RB the most. It is likely RB will be the starter and Kelly may be the backup if he is still on the team.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

14zrebs wrote:
rebeljim wrote:Kelly will be the starter. RB will be the back up, and DK will run the wild cat package like Brunetti did. That's my prediction.

I seriously doubt CHF will risk starting Kelly. He has praised RB the most. It is likely RB will be the starter and Kelly may be the backup if he is still on the team.
Wish I knew u, and lived close to u, I can always use some extra money. Dude, Kelly will be the starter, hide and watch.
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Jim,

Post 1 quotation from CHF that supports UR unfounded, wildly speculative prediction that Kelly will ever start at OM. It is much more likely that CHF will have to dismiss him from the team.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

14zrebs wrote:Jim,

Post 1 quotation from CHF that supports UR unfounded, wildly speculative prediction that Kelly will ever start at OM. It is much more likely that CHF will have to dismiss him from the team.
Like I said, wish I knew u and lived by u. I could use your money. No way Kelly doesn't start if he's here. And he will be here.
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

rebeljim wrote:
14zrebs wrote:Jim,

Like I said, wish I knew u and lived by u. I could use your money. No way Kelly doesn't start if he's here. And he will be here.

So, Jim, then U admit U can not post a single quote from CHF to support UR wildly speculative predictions?
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

kelly will be our qb this year...book it. There isn't a doubt in my mind. Coaches hardly ever come out of spring practice and name a qb when there is a "battle". Smart move IMO.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

So where exactly are you reading that RB is leading? Bc On rivals the talk is that all are doing decent, but CK Has a surprisingly good handle on the playbook and throws a beautiful deep ball.

And you don't sign a Juco qb with the expectation that he will be the backup.

Again, Who are you? Pease tell me you Are a 14yr old kid. Either that, or you are somehow related to both AK and RB
Some Random Dude
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Saban learned that lesson this week. CHF will learn it too.

Just a matter of time before Kelly gets into trouble again and gets kicked off the team.

Ryan is the most consistent. He will be the starter.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Gotta be a bullpup.