Ole Miss QB competition a tight one

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yep, sounds like Buchanan to me? Good Lord, man.
Some Random Dude
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

I would like to comment on this but I have to go change the air in my tires...

Deadman
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

lewindha wrote:
Yep, sounds like Buchanan to me...

Why do U now think RB will be the starter?

I hope Kelly turns out to live up to all the hype.
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

"We're charting every single throw, and it's really close between all three,” Freeze said. “It really depends on the day. Ryan has had his great days, Kincade has done well at times, and so has Chad. We'll compile it all after this week and look at it again, but it's really close."

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/9 ... uarterback
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

* this thread is for entertainment purposes only. viewer discretion is advised
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

14zrebs wrote:"We're charting every single throw, and it's really close between all three,” Freeze said. “It really depends on the day. Ryan has had his great days, Kincade has done well at times, and so has Chad. We'll compile it all after this week and look at it again, but it's really close."

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/9 ... uarterback

Pull whatever quote you want... Freeze is playing this like any other coach with any sense would. Maybe they are all really close, right now.. If Freeze came out and said Chad Kelly is the starter, it would make it insanely difficult to recruit QBs.. What would the message be? Go to Ole Miss, play scout team for a couple of years, and when your time comes, bring in a transfer? I dont fault us for bringing in CK.. Whoever gives us the best shot at winning, is who needs to start... RB and DK have been in the system for 2 years and should have a leg up right now.. I think RB is the smartest, and probably wins the film room, but he will struggle because of this OL.. Remember the beat down in Atlanta? OL was getting destroyed.. When Wallace was finally pulled, who played? DK played not because he was necessarily ahead of RB, but because his skill set was a better match for the situation.. TCUs Dline would have probably knocked RB out of the game.. DK could run for his life.. This team will still struggle at OL.. For that reason right it down. 1. CK 2. DK 3. RB...
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Branches has been at several practices:

Originally posted by ranchreb:

"I've watched several practices and every practice a different QB stands out. Tuesday it was Buchanan. Saturday it was Kincade"

https://olemiss.rivals.com/showmsg.asp? ... 36&style=2
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

There is a lot more than recruiting and Xs & Os to being a head coach. If CHF got Kelly on the right, it ranks right up there with what Bear Bryant did for Joe Namath.

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2015/03/ ... sion-trip/
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote:
14zrebs wrote:After 3 years, why is CHF still unable to field a functional O-Line?
Since when is HF the only coach to field an avg OL? Say it doesn't happen to anyone else in the league. That will be a good conversation.
Saying the OL is AVERAGE is an overstatement! At least that's true of the 2014 OL. I haven't seen the 2015 OL yet, but the feedback isn't promising. If those returning haven't developed significantly from last year, were below average again.

With that said, I don't agree with 14zrebs completely, as I blame Matt Luke for the OL performance. Hugh did retain Luke, but I don't put the blame entirely on Hugh.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
Goroth wrote:
14zrebs wrote:After 3 years, why is CHF still unable to field a functional O-Line?
Since when is HF the only coach to field an avg OL? Say it doesn't happen to anyone else in the league. That will be a good conversation.
Saying the OL is AVERAGE is an overstatement! At least that's true of the 2014 OL. I haven't seen the 2015 OL yet, but the feedback isn't promising. If those returning haven't developed significantly from last year, were below average again.

With that said, I don't agree with 14zrebs completely, as I blame Matt Luke for the OL performance. Hugh did retain Luke, but I don't put the blame entirely on Hugh.

Agree... Gotta get better or replace Luke... CHF is a loyal guy and I like that, but we gotta get it done.