Vandy Thread

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Game 1.... Struck out the side in the 1st.. Struck out the side in the 9th... (actually 5 in a row.) We struck out 14 times, including 9 different guys.. We had 2 hits...Unfortunately, a nationally televised game..

6-0... Don't see how we avoid a sweep..
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

2 hits and 14 K's. I think that says it all.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Game 2 headed to the 11th. Bortles hit a grand slam in the 9th to tie it at 5. We need this one baaaaaad!!
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Headed to the 13th still tied at 5. Weathersby has been dealin. Unfortunately, so has their guy.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Important win for this team. With our SOS and RPI so impressive, this will keep us in the conversation for a possible tournament bid. We need to stay above .500 overall and start winning some conference games in the second half of the season. But we've had the toughest schedule in the nation, and I still think our guys are learning how to win the tough way.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I'm usually an optimistic person but I just can't see this team getting it figured out. They've won a few surprise games but still doesnt ease my worries. By far the worst team I've watched in quite a while. Hitting is horrendous. Having said all that, we're young and Bianco can stay as long as he wants. Looking forward to 2016.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Holy cow Scott Weathersby! 6 IP, strikes out 10, no runs and only 2 hits.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

As I said, if we get a bid this year to the tournament, this team will have grown up for next year.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Vandy is a 5 to 1 favorite today. Let's make a fool of them AND win our first 3rd game of the series.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:As I said, if we get a bid this year to the tournament, this team will have grown up for next year.
I agree... Any goal outside of getting in for this team is foolish..
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

3-3 middle 5th. They're battling.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

If you're gonna wait to win a game 3, on the road at #1 to take the series is a pretty good place to start. Huge win, big time finish by the Rebs. Still not sure what to expect in any given weekend, but hopefully we can make a run down the stretch.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Great job, Rebs! Looking at the first half of the season, Ole Miss went 5-4 against LSU, Florida and Vandy--all top five teams. Our SOS is 1. We now have a shot to go above .500 in the league and stay there. I think we'll do it and get a bid to the tournament. Let's not give up on this team yet. I've thought all along the tough schedule would pay dividends. We may all end up agreeing that this was Bianco's best coaching job ever! Current RPI is 25. We would be a 2 or 3-seed in someone's regional right now with a #1 SOS.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Titles 'R Us wrote:Great job, Rebs! Looking at the first half of the season, Ole Miss went 5-4 against LSU, Florida and Vandy--all top five teams. Our SOS is 1. We now have a shot to go above .500 in the league and stay there. I think we'll do it and get a bid to the tournament. Let's not give up on this team yet. I've thought all along the tough schedule would pay dividends. We may all end up agreeing that this was Bianco's best coaching job ever! Current RPI is 25. We would be a 2 or 3-seed in someone's regional right now with a #1 SOS.
What scares me is that this team is exhibiting characteristics similar to our men's basketball team...losing games to inferior teams AT HOME, only to go on the road to beat far superior teams. What's up with this trend??
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Crossroads: I think it is just a result of trying to blend a lot of freshman talent into what remained of last year's Omaha lineup. It's worth mentioning again that we've played the #1 toughest schedule in the nation and have won some big games against Top Ten teams. We hardly had time to catch our breath. Right now, I am hoping that the series win at Vandy at the halfway point of the season reflects the fact that we don't have any freshman anymore and that the lineup is starting to gel. Playing in the SEC is never easy, but if win our fair share during the second half of the season, we'll have a shot at and in the tournament. Stay tuned.