Governor's Cup

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

11-0 Ole Miss after 6. Weathersby has pitched all 6 and still going in the 7th.
academy reb
Scout Team
Scout Team

11-1 final.

Weathersby pitched seven, Smith two.

Scott has four days until Sunday against Mizzou. We're two up with ten to play. Win six and we are in the NCAA tourney.
I only like helmeted sports, hockey, baseball, football, war.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:11-0 Ole Miss after 6. Weathersby has pitched all 6 and still going in the 7th.

Grittiest player on the team IMO.. Big win...
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

I know it would hurt our bullpen depth, but I'll say it again...Weathersby needs to be our Sunday starter!!
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

CrossroadsReb wrote:I know it would hurt our bullpen depth, but I'll say it again...Weathersby needs to be our Sunday starter!!
^^^^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^^^
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
CrossroadsReb wrote:I know it would hurt our bullpen depth, but I'll say it again...Weathersby needs to be our Sunday starter!!
^^^^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^^^
I agree. He's great. Maybe if he pitched on Sundays and could give 6/7 innings. We could get a lead and the other bullpen guys could pitch better with a lead.
Some Random Dude
GtownRebel
All American
All American

MB has said at the bullpen meeting before that he would rather have him in the bullpen so he can have multiple saves on a weekend instead of just one game. I look at it as if you don't have a lead going into the 6th or at least a close 1 or 2 run deficit, it doesn't matter how good your relief pitching is at that point...runs are needed to get ahead. Maybe MB has changed his mind, but I doubt it.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

MB has said at the bullpen meeting before that he would rather have him in the bullpen so he can have multiple saves on a weekend instead of just one game. I look at it as if you don't have a lead going into the 6th or at least a close 1 or 2 run deficit, it doesn't matter how good your relief pitching is at that point...runs are needed to get ahead. Maybe MB has changed his mind, but I doubt it.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

GtownRebel wrote:MB has said at the bullpen meeting before that he would rather have him in the bullpen so he can have multiple saves on a weekend instead of just one game. I look at it as if you don't have a lead going into the 6th or at least a close 1 or 2 run deficit, it doesn't matter how good your relief pitching is at that point...runs are needed to get ahead. Maybe MB has changed his mind, but I doubt it.
But it matters if your bullpen can't hold a 1 or 2 run lead.