Gators hire Michael White

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Gators hire Michael White

http://www.secsports.com/article/128434 ... ball-coach

MW is now a head coach in the SEC. Maybe in a few years we can get him back... Sigh
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Looks like Coleby is gone also. Hope he stays, but it looks slim to none he stays. This isn't good.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Where is Dwight going? He'd lose a year of eligibility, right? What's the story there?
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

No word on why he might leave, only know that he's probably gone. Hope AK and staff can talk him out of it.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

From what I've seen, Coleby is getting some bad advice from within his camp. Maybe building him up bigger than he actually is. Him leaving will definitely hurt as I think he was our best big man.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

MW is my all-time favorite player for Ole Miss basketball. Is this a slip through the cracks by AD? I'd have loved to give MW a shot, for years now.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BobReb wrote:MW is my all-time favorite player for Ole Miss basketball. Is this a slip through the cracks by AD? I'd have loved to give MW a shot, for years now.
Nah, people keep asking if Bjork is messing up with Kennedy. Kennedy has made the tourney twice in the three years Bjork has been here. He's not firing Kennedy.
Some Random Dude
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Hope you're right. But if, as I suspect, MW leads the Gators to prominence once again?
Back then, I always felt like he was as much the head coach as the staff. And he was just a kid then.
He's going to do great things at UF.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BobReb wrote:MW is my all-time favorite player for Ole Miss basketball. Is this a slip through the cracks by AD? I'd have loved to give MW a shot, for years now.

AK was all but fired after the MSU loss in 2013. I remember an interview on Head to Head, where RB was asked point blank if he was getting fired... Instead of a ringing endorsement, it was, "let the season play out". Obviously a back up point guard hits a game winning shot, we get hot and knock off UF in the ship to make the tourney.. So all was well, but he was fired if he didn't make the tourney that year.. I understand why he wont be fired right now and I am cool with that, but I would make an even trade MW for AK in a New York minute..
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Don't think Florida will trade him for awhile if ever. He is a good proven coach.