Coaches Poll out.

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Sure most are aware, as it came out a couple of days ago.
We are starting the season ranked as the #15 team in the country.
Here's hoping we merit their consideration, and perhaps do even better!
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

We need, by game 3, to have absolutely declared who our QB is going to be, and to have established a power running game. I'm comfortable most everywhere else, with maybe our lack of depth at LB...an area where we lost a lot of guys to injury last season. If anyone gets to view any of the fall practices, give us a heads up on the QB situation.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

all practices are closed... except for a scrimmage at MTr day
Later,
Hagar
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If Kelly isn't our starter, then something's wrong. He was brought here to start, not to be the backup. RB will be the backup, and DK the change of pace QB, running the wildcat offense.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

I doubt that RB will beat out DK...just my .02
Later,
Hagar
GtownRebel
All American
All American

rebeljim wrote:If Kelly isn't our starter, then something's wrong. He was brought here to start, not to be the backup. RB will be the backup, and DK the change of pace QB, running the wildcat offense.
If Kelly is as good as they are predicting from this summer, he will run the wildcat and put DK in as the H-back that can throw at any given moment or run the ball.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

GtownRebel wrote:
rebeljim wrote:If Kelly isn't our starter, then something's wrong. He was brought here to start, not to be the backup. RB will be the backup, and DK the change of pace QB, running the wildcat offense.
If Kelly is as good as they are predicting from this summer, he will run the wildcat and put DK in as the H-back that can throw at any given moment or run the ball.
that sounds like a pretty dangerous offensive tool to me.
Later,
Hagar
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I think this year will be fun to watch even though w are in the toughest division in the toughest conference in America. The only problem I have with this season is the 10 game continuous schedule with no off weekends...that is brutal on the players, coaches, and fans. If we come out of that stretch losing 2 games we might be leading the West.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Still not a doubt in my mind kelly will be starting. I think we'll see all 3 MAYBE into the second game but when we roll into Bama, kelly will be qb.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:
Look for DK to have the Brunetti role, with RB backing Kelly. Pretty sure this is how it plays out, unless someone transfers.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

rebeljim wrote:
GtownRebel wrote:
Look for DK to have the Brunetti role, with RB backing Kelly. Pretty sure this is how it plays out, unless someone transfers.
I think that's how it'll play out too. Whatever the case, I think the growing pains at QB will be minimal. I say that because the team is talented enough for a young QB to succeed. Namely, a strong defense and talented WRs. Freeze has also made comments in the pre-season that they have to do much better at running the FB and that it will be a focus in fall camp. We'll see. I really wish he'd take a look at the formations he runs in. I wish he'd line up more with the QB under center with a FB and two TEs. That's just me. I know it's a stretch, but I'm hopeful.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Freeze said Buchanan will take snaps with the ones on day 1.

I honestly think he's doing this to keep RB and DK from transferring.

If it's not Kelly, then we are in trouble. The other two showed nothing to get excited about last year. You bring in a guy that has talent, but was kicked off his previous D1 team. When you do that, it says to me, it's worth the risk b/c we need somebody other than what we've got.
Some Random Dude
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Freeze also said that RB was ahead slighty after spring drills
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Watched our last year game with bama last night. Bo was consistent in that game. He made decent reads against a complicated defense. That's all this team needs this year. Consistent good qb. Btw. We won again last night. It still feels good.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Yeah, that Bama game was HUGE. But gotta keep the momentum going. No steps back. Forward Rebels!!! We need to win at least nine, but 10 or 11 would be better.