Places to stay?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

clemsonbob
Water Boy
Water Boy

Hi,

My dad and I go to a college football game together each year. We are trying to hit as many of the historic/traditional locations as we can. This year we are coming to Oxford for the Arkansas game. He lives in CA and I live in IL so we are flying to Memphis and driving from there.

Will there be hotel rooms in Oxford? Are there some good places to stay b/w Memphis and Oxford?

Once we get to town - what are some "can't miss" things to see? What's the best place to grab a beer etc.

Thanks in advance!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Southaven may be a good place to stay. Just out of Memphis across the state line into Miss. Doubt many rooms will be available around Oxford on game weekends.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
clemsonbob
Water Boy
Water Boy

Thank you. I kind of figured Oxford would be full.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

For an SEC game you will find NO rooms available. You "might" try Tupelo. Or Batesville. But you'll have to make a deal with somebody to be here in Oxford.
That said, you certainly picked a good game. It'll be on like strawberry wine. The crowd will be electric.
clemsonbob
Water Boy
Water Boy

Thanks I knew staying in Oxford was a shot in the dark - we're excited about the game and seeing the atmosphere in Oxford. We've been to many SEC venues and they never disappoint.

Are there any can't miss places to grab a bite to eat and a beer that you can recommend - or will we pretty much be set wherever?