Moderator: Rebel Security

Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

51-0
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Flip flopping QB's, lots of RB tryouts, etc. But against Martin... I'm guessing 41-13 OM.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:41-0
At the half I meant... :?
cajunrebel

Wow
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
GtownRebel
All American
All American

76-3 final. Great start. Even RK scored.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Joe Tessitore will have to rethink his position: he described Chad Kelly as a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. But he didn't mean it as a compliment. Nevertheless, 76-3 is pretty much an explosion. Only, Tessitore forgot to include the other QB's in his explosion prediction. Rebs are the contender I thought they would be. You don't score 76 points on anybody unless you have a complete team. Also: it was a shutout. Their guy stepped out of bounds on the long run that led to their field goal. Replay showed it. Should have been a booth review. 76-0 was the true score.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yall don't get too carried away. It was a butt stomping, but big questions still remain. How will our oline do against SEC teams? And can we stop the run north and south against the physical teams? Those 2 questions weren't answered today. And they hold a major key to the amount of success we have this year.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Yall don't get too carried away. It was a butt stomping, but big questions still remain. How will our oline do against SEC teams? And can we stop the run north and south against the physical teams? Those 2 questions weren't answered today. And they hold a major key to the amount of success we have this year.

I agree... O Line is the major question. UT Martin and Bama aren't in the same stratosphere along either front... I agree with Freeze, I actually didn't think the D line was that impressive, won about half the battles. I do think our wr core might be the best in the country... I like that we are trying to play fast again... Just too many weapons to not play fast. I agree that 76 points is impressive, but UT Martin would have had massive problems with any SEC team today.. The heat did not make it any better on them.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

We had a couple of suspensions on the 'D' side of the ball. Yeah, the pass rush could have been a lot better. I look for a better performance against Fresno. The offense was clicking on all cylinders, even without Tunsil. We have so many weapons. And I also think we didn't show some blitz packages for 'Bama. Which all means 76-0 (refs gave them the field goal with the non-call on the runner out-of-bounds) was impressive.
Heath
All American
All American

From what I saw too was that we never rushed more than 4. We could have really given them problems if we would have blitzed some LB'S or DB'S occasionally.

I think we will be fine when we start sending some others, because you know RN is going to take up 2 OL men. Then that leaves 3 more to handle the other 3 D linemen, plus a LB or DB rushing.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Well when you are really looking at the "D" there were only 19 plays where the #1 "D' was playing in the 1st quarter according to Wommack and they were never together the rest of the game. So there was a lot of situational scheming as well as getting folks in to see how they reacted in certain situations. Lots of film for the coaches to review over this past weekend. So the "D" did play well as a total unit regardless of whom they were playing.