I know it's pinned, but parking/shuttle

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

mick19989
Water Boy
Water Boy

I haven't been to a game since 2012 (terrible, I know) but I'd like to get some opinions on the absolute best way to park and ride a shuttle to campus. I'll be coming in on Hwy. 6 from Jackson (Batesville exit) What's the best place to park and catch a shuttle?
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

I've seen others post that one good option is the WalMart parking lot
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
mfdepor1127
Water Boy
Water Boy

I am interested in this as well. Will be going to the Vanderbilt game. Would like to know some info about shuttle locations and departure times etc.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I always park at the Middle School at the corner of Martin Luther King and Washington. It used to be one of the free shuttle lots for the city, but the school PTA has started charging to use the lot and the shuttle no longer visits the lot. I don't mind paying since it goes to the school and I consider that a good investment. They do have security at the lot although they have "park at your own risk" signs. I enjoy the walk from there to the campus and walked even when the shuttle picked up there. I like parking there because when I leave, I take Jefferson to Bramlett to University to 78 and I see virtually no game traffic. Of course, if everyone started parking there, it could be a problem for me but I'm counting on the fact that not everyone reads this board.