I swear Hugh...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

DO NOT TAKE KELLY OUT EVER AGAIN.

Kid is a top prospect and reminds me of his Uncle JIMBO.

Kelly is the real deal. Leave him in for the next 2 years and we have a shot at the NC.

HOTTY TODDY
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebel4life22 wrote:DO NOT TAKE KELLY OUT EVER AGAIN.

Kid is a top prospect and reminds me of his Uncle JIMBO.

Kelly is the real deal. Leave him in for the next 2 years and we have a shot at the NC.

HOTTY TODDY

Would have to be this year... Look at NFL draft big boards. First round is a who's who of Rebs...
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

nobody believed me when I said he was the best QB ole Miss has had in my lifetime... I am beginning to believe he is better than Eli ever was when he was at Ole Miss
Later,
Hagar
cajunrebel

Hagar wrote:nobody believed me when I said he was the best QB ole Miss has had in my lifetime... I am beginning to believe he is better than Eli ever was when he was at Ole Miss
I hope you are right.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Hagar I've got to defend our 2-time Super Bowl MVP, 3x pro bowl, Johnny Unitas award winner, maxwell award winning, multiple giant record holding Eli Manning. No way in hell I can say Chad Kelly is the best we've ever had and I don't think that's fair to Eli either. Do not forget we have a pass happy uptempo offensive scheme and one of the most competent coaches we've seen here. Not to mention the most talented teams along with undoubtably most talented wide receivers to ever play here.

Is kelly good? I believe so. He's definitely making some nice throws but c'mon Hagar, we've played freakin Ut Martin and Fresno state. Show me this greatness after the season before we crown him GOAT.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

I Have never seen more perfect passes come out of any QB in OM history...Eli couldn't throw more perfect passes...and he for sure could't run as well as kelly...granted we haven't played anyone but it wouldn't matter who we would have played... the throws are perfectly timed and right where you want em to fall...it don't matter who is defending those passes they were all perfectly thrown. You go back and look at how many throws were perfectly thrown and he hit em all without the WR having to break stride... look again...also his release is quicker than anyone I have ever seen play in the SEC. Anywhere.
Later,
Hagar
Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Hagar,

Same exact thoughts. His release his unreal. Cannon with mobility.

He's got that JIMBO BLOOD...(diehard Bills fan for 20 years.)

The world is going to know Chad Kelly this time next week...REBS WIN 10+ AT BAMA.

HOTTY TODDY
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Hagar wrote:I Have never seen more perfect passes come out of any QB in OM history...Eli couldn't throw more perfect passes...and he for sure could't run as well as kelly...granted we haven't played anyone but it wouldn't matter who we would have played... the throws are perfectly timed and right where you want em to fall...it don't matter who is defending those passes they were all perfectly thrown. You go back and look at how many throws were perfectly thrown and he hit em all without the WR having to break stride... look again...also his release is quicker than anyone I have ever seen play in the SEC. Anywhere.
Yes I've acknowledged his throwing ability. But there are so many factors that play in to that. For one, No pressure on the QB is HUGE. I hope Kelly turns out to be the best thing since sliced bread but it will take a long time for him to surpass Eli Imo. Kelly's offense is light years ahead of what Eli had.
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Yeah Eli didn't have much help. As on radio guy around here called us Eli Manning and the 7 dewarfs. I still want to see how he handles pressure and the temptations of being a star QB at Ole Miss
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

and we will need Tunsil back to keep off some of the pressure
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Neither bama or ole miss has shown blitz packages that will be seen next week. This will be a test for kelly and Coker.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

I agree with your assessment but I like this information too.

Kelly finished 20 of 25 for 346 yards with four touchdowns Saturday. He also added a four-yard rushing touchdown, his second of the season. With two games down, he ranks No. 1 in the nation in Total Quarterback Rating (QBR).
Later,
Hagar
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Impossible to compare Kelly to Eli yet.. Get a bigger sample size against SEC competition. One of Eli's top targets was Bill Flowers... Possibly the best WR in the country doesn't have a TD catch yet... Nor does one of the best TEs in the country... The current wr core might be the best in the country.. They are insanely deep and loaded... I hope Kelly sets the world on fire Saturday, but lets slow down on the comparisons..
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

MageeRebel425 wrote:Impossible to compare Kelly to Eli yet.. Get a bigger sample size against SEC competition. One of Eli's top targets was Bill Flowers... Possibly the best WR in the country doesn't have a TD catch yet... Nor does one of the best TEs in the country... The current wr core might be the best in the country.. They are insanely deep and loaded... I hope Kelly sets the world on fire Saturday, but lets slow down on the comparisons..
you can absolutely compare Eli and Kelly on his QB rating...not one single pass that Kelly Threw was really considered uncatachable...Quarterback ratings take ALL things into consideration and quantifies the information...that QB rating can't be considered Skewed...numbers don't lie regardless who he is playing against...if the receivers are open or not he gets the ball to em in perfect form...probability and statistics don't work like that...Luck and innuendo aren't part of the equation. Eli could'n't have thrown as many perfect passes as Kelly has to date and he for sure couldn't have run as well...you could argue that Eli has a better pocket presence but not that his ability to get the ball to his receivers in such fine form rates with Kelly.
Later,
Hagar
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Hagar wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:Impossible to compare Kelly to Eli yet.. Get a bigger sample size against SEC competition. One of Eli's top targets was Bill Flowers... Possibly the best WR in the country doesn't have a TD catch yet... Nor does one of the best TEs in the country... The current wr core might be the best in the country.. They are insanely deep and loaded... I hope Kelly sets the world on fire Saturday, but lets slow down on the comparisons..
you can absolutely compare Eli and Kelly on his QB rating...not one single pass that Kelly Threw was really considered uncatachable...Quarterback ratings take ALL things into consideration and quantifies the information...that QB rating can't be considered Skewed...numbers don't lie regardless who he is playing against...if the receivers are open or not he gets the ball to em in perfect form...probability and statistics don't work like that...Luck and innuendo aren't part of the equation. Eli could'n't have thrown as many perfect passes as Kelly has to date and he for sure couldn't have run as well...you could argue that Eli has a better pocket presence but not that his ability to get the ball to his receivers in such fine form rates with Kelly.
You can't be serious man??? If you think stats against Fresno and UT Martin outweigh what Eli was and has done in his career then I'm sorry but you have no clue what you're talking about. Sorry, I watched Eli throw these "perfect" passes when he wasn't being smashed in the mouth and had an average at best receiver get open. Go ask a quarterback how much who you're playing changes things.