What the heck do you guys think about us ?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Obviously its going to be all good things, but how good? We're breaking NCAA and SEC records with our explosive offense. Chad Kelly has developed a sync with our receivers that we haven't seen since #10 wore the red and blue. I mean just watch Kelly. He stands tall in the pocket, checks all his reads, and delivers the ball with accuracy and precision. As for our defense, I'm slightly less optimistic. I know we're good, but I don't know if we're as good as last year. One thing is for certain: we will find out all we need to know next Saturday. If we go into Tuscaloosa and beat the Tide, then we have to start thinking about SEC titles. Now, what do you guys think? Do you think bama is going to shut down our offense? Do we win next week?
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

We will know by haltime next week if we are as good as we currently look.
Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

You mark this down…

With Kelly under center we beat BAMA by 10+.

This is our magical year.

SEC West is very beatable this year.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

If we've ever seen a team at Ole Miss that could win an SEC champ or compete nationally, I think this is it. Obviously, as we've all said, Saturday is going to be the test to see exactly what we're working with but I do think we'll win.

I haven't been as impressed with the defense as I hoped but there are a bunch of factors that play in to that. they will continue to mesh and get better. This is where I think uptempo offense hurts your defense. They're constantly back on the field.

My biggest worries is developing a consistent running game. I still haven't seen where we are running the ball like we should. I saw where Werner said he "couldn't be happier with the running game" so maybe he knows something I dont, hopefully we will be better there this year. My other complaint is...why the hell is Nkemdiche running the ball???? Why risk it??? To me, it's almost like showing off, no need for it when you're up that big and easy and especially when our backs we'd that goal line work.

I'm done with my whining for the day. Couldn't be happier with where Freeze has taken us and excited to see just how far we go. Here's to a great year!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Guess my 2 concerns will be answered this week. Oline play and our defense stopping the north south running. Be good in those 2 areas, and barring injury, we are looking at a special season.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

rebeljim wrote:Guess my 2 concerns will be answered this week. Oline play and our defense stopping the north south running. Be good in those 2 areas, and barring injury, we are looking at a special season.
Correct. We will not be able to stop Bama's run game with our normal base defense. I would look for maybe a fourth down lineman (maybe CJ moved back to DE), with Connor rolled up into a more basic LB look. As for the OL, I've been pleasantly impressed. I know our opponents haven't been SEC caliber, but even those types of teams last year were able to get some push on us. Javon Patterson is impressive. Hopefully Conyers recovers, and (cross your fingers) Tunsil gets to play. I would even consider giving Liggins a OL # and getting him some time if need be.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

From what I've seen of the entire SEC so far this year, the three best teams in the league are (not sure yet of the order) Alabama, Ole Miss and A & M. The three play in a round robin so that will work itself out. Appears that Ole Miss and A & M have the best offenses of the three, and Alabama and Ole Miss have the best defenses of the three. That's about as much as I can say at this point. Except that Chad Kelly may be Heisman material if he can continue to perform the way he has.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

CrossroadsReb wrote:
rebeljim wrote:Guess my 2 concerns will be answered this week. Oline play and our defense stopping the north south running. Be good in those 2 areas, and barring injury, we are looking at a special season.
Correct. We will not be able to stop Bama's run game with our normal base defense. I would look for maybe a fourth down lineman (maybe CJ moved back to DE), with Connor rolled up into a more basic LB look. As for the OL, I've been pleasantly impressed. I know our opponents haven't been SEC caliber, but even those types of teams last year were able to get some push on us. Javon Patterson is impressive. Hopefully Conyers recovers, and (cross your fingers) Tunsil gets to play. I would even consider giving Liggins a OL # and getting him some time if need be.
Neither Ole Miss or Alabama have shown their defense. Vanilla is all that has been played. Get ready for both teams to go baskin Robbins this week
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

bbqit wrote:
CrossroadsReb wrote:
Neither Ole Miss or Alabama have shown their defense. Vanilla is all that has been played. Get ready for both teams to go baskin Robbins this week
Yep. All the ammo are about to shoot from both sides. GAME DAY!!!