Okay , let's talk Memphis

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

tiger high won't score 49 points on us I don't think.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
cajunrebel

Screen passing machine - 38

Tiger High - 20
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I'm a die hard Rebel fan…

With that being said I have a bad bad feeling about this game.

Memphis wins 38-24...
fletch711
Water Boy
Water Boy

This game scares the waste out of me. They (Tiger High) wants this sort of win...bad. Their coach who will hope ship for something else soon would love to add a win against an SEC school to his resume.

If we come in flat, I see a heart attack game similar to Vandy.
If we can get the OL fired up and put pressure on the QB Memphis has, Tiger High won't have a chance.

I really don't want to see even a struggle game in the Liberty bowl. They need to stay positive and improve.

Good Rebels we win 38 -7
Bad Rebels we win 21 - 17
skippy17
Water Boy
Water Boy

I am a superstitious person and posted an actual guess for the Florida game and we see what happened, so for this game I'm just gonna say that we beat them by at least 14 points.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

fletch711 wrote:This game scares the waste out of me. They (Tiger High) wants this sort of win...bad. Their coach who will hope ship for something else soon would love to add a win against an SEC school to his resume.

If we come in flat, I see a heart attack game similar to Vandy.
If we can get the OL fired up and put pressure on the QB Memphis has, Tiger High won't have a chance.

I really don't want to see even a struggle game in the Liberty bowl. They need to stay positive and improve.

Good Rebels we win 38 -7
Bad Rebels we win 21 - 17

If we hold Memphis to 7 this D will be every bit as good as 2014 and then some... I am not sure you have watched Memphis play with that prediction. They are pretty salty on offense, really similar to us with screens...A previous poster is correct, Fuente is out of Memphis this year, if they have the same level of success.. Memphis will be fired up, there are a lot of MS kids on Memphis roster, several from Olive Branch, so they will be jacked... Need to start fast and play with a little confidence... Need to win the turnover battle...

Rebs 37
Memphis 30
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

The only way I see us losing is coming out flat out terrible. Memphis is not nearly talented overall and shouldn't be able to keep up. The Florida game really killed a lot of peoples' excitement, but best believe this team is good and we can still win a lot games if we show up.

Rebs-45
Memphis-20
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

On paper we should win.....BUT, this team scares me. They're good offensively and sketchy on defense. We will have to show them an SEC caliber defense and score some points.....no turnovers. But, we're 14 points better than them as i see it now.
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

Hey Guys, I live in Atlanta and I do not keep up with tiger high. Can you tell me who they have played that proves they are worthy of our concern. I know that any team at any time can beat another, remember Jack State? But really, I do not see anyone on their schedule that would scare my local high school much less our Rebs. Am I completely out of touch?

Thanks

GO REBS!!!!!
Just another day being better than State.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebel556677 wrote:Hey Guys, I live in Atlanta and I do not keep up with tiger high. Can you tell me who they have played that proves they are worthy of our concern. I know that any team at any time can beat another, remember Jack State? But really, I do not see anyone on their schedule that would scare my local high school much less our Rebs. Am I completely out of touch?

Thanks

GO REBS!!!!!
No you're not. The main concern for me is that Memphis will be up for this game more than any other on their schedule. If we can match their emotion and intensity we should be fine. That's simply my opinion though.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I think it will be whomever has the ball last will win. I pick:

OM 55
UM 48
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

No excuses. They are a very good team but they shouldn't beat any team in the sec west. I watched their Cincy game and they are an extremely well coached team. Their qb doesn't throw picks. Yet they are slow on d. Also our d line should wear down their o line and find a few sacks second half. If not then we are back to the clowny problem.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We have the talent advantage, thus it's up to the players to show up and the coaches to scheme a solid game plan.....this game SHOULD cover

Ole Miss - 38
Memphis State - 17
Randy
cajunrebel

what is the over / under on screen passes thrown?
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Need to unleash the offense so the defense can do what they do best. Screen passes isn't that.