Okay , let's talk Memphis

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

jrebel87 wrote:First things first , I would like everyone who is a member of this board that reads this thread to chime in with your opinion on what I'm about to ask . I've been concerned about this board for awhile because it seems like it's dying . There only seems to be 5-10 posters that post here now and we need more interaction if we're to keep this board alive. Anyways , what do you guys think of the Memphis game now ? I think it's going to be a very tough road game ....one that will probably be an offensive shootout . Memphis didn't play this week so they're going to be well rested and as we know they will treat this game like the super bowl . This is their be all , end all game . If we don't treat this game the same we will get beat . Period . So what do you guys think the final score will be ?

Ole miss -45
Memphis -35
No way MSU@mem scores 35 on us.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Have any of the people who think we will blow them out actually watched a Memphis game? Just curious..
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:Have any of the people who think we will blow them out actually watched a Memphis game? Just curious..
I've watched them a couple of times. Defense is horrible. But, they can score.

Why Oh Why are we playing this game?
Some Random Dude
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Actually, I have watched them. They have a very good QB and receivers. OL is good at keeping the DL out of the backfield. We have been having trouble getting into the backfield which I attribute to losing Issac Gross early in the season. Our LB's aren't quick on the read and our corners watch the receiver all the way down the field and seldom turn around to intercept the ball. Big drop off from last year.

We can score on anyone if we play ball and not read our press clippings. I hope the OL puts forth the effort to prevent the DE's from bull rushing them. We will see but I think it will be up and down the field all day.
Heath
All American
All American

I will put it to you truthfully. Memphis barely beat Cincinnati, then only scored 24 vs. USF. They also gave up 5.5 yards per play, and basically split time of possession with USF. Sure, MSU will be up for this game, but a good coaching staff can find ways to get around a highly emotional team. In the end, the coaches and talent need to win.

3 years ago, we had a top 5 recruiting class. All those guys are Juniors now, and some in their last season. So, if we cannot go out there and beat this team, then why are we recruiting top-notch talent? If we lose this game, then we need to look at replacing some coaches somewhere! And you can give me any excuse you wish, such as injuries, the sun was shining more in our eyes than theirs, etc. But the bottom line is, Ole Miss should have better coaching and talent than Memphis State and should win!

If we do what we are supposed to:

Rebels 31
Memphis 17.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

MageeRebel425 wrote:Have any of the people who think we will blow them out actually watched a Memphis game? Just curious..
Honestly, I only saw about 2 quarters against usf, and j saw bits and pieces of the Cincinnati game. We are the better team. But, yes, I have watched some.

Rebs-45
Memphis-20
Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I freakin nailed the score...

By one point.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebel4life22 wrote:I freakin nailed the score...

By one point.

Unfortunately you were all over it...