Elston is a true rebel
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Whew, I was concerned there might be problems in the locker room [emoji102]
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I'm not even going to ponder as to what the problems may be but you can see that there are problems. This is a shell of the team that played Alabama. You could see the wheels starting to fall off the wagon during the Vandy game and it hasn't gotten any better. This team will not win another game unless it turns things around and figures out how to be the team that played over expectations until the TCU game. If you cannot line the ball up and get a yard any time you want to on a regular basis you are not going to win in the SEC. I don't know if there is friction in the locker room or if we have guys just mailing it in thinking they will go pro or what but there is something going on. I also find it almost comical saying anything about firing Freeze since he has had his team in the top twenty five for about three years now but some will jump up and down if anything is said about firing the basketball coach who has been mired in mediocrity for eight years and hasn't sniffed the top twenty five. For the better part of the last three years OM football has been doing very good. I'm not ready to bail on our coach because we hit the first bump in the road. I can remember what the program was like when Nutt left.
GeorgiaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I havent seen anything from the offensive play calling. we got the best wideout in the country, yes hes gets doubled but sometimes you got to throw the ball downfield to him and let him make a play. Freeze is wasting a great recruiting class which should be making history right now. I'm not ready to fire Freeze but he has given us a taste of winning but it might bite him on the butt if he doesnt continue the improvement. He seems way too content to rest on big game success, they havent competed since beating Bama this year, and the Arkansas game last year. I think Freeze will have winning seasons year in and out but I don't feel he has the passion and drive to bring championships to Oxford.
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Luke does need to go
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

This is a stupid thread.....
OL Coach change is needed; DB coach needed, and possibly a DC.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:This is a stupid thread.....
OL Coach change is needed; DB coach needed, and possibly a DC.

Agree.... Prob need to wait a year on DC.... Hard to have the type of success they did last year and say the guy doesn't know what he is doing...
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I wasn't sold on Wommack in the beginning. And I'm beginning to think I was right.

We were great last year, but we have issues this year. It's been a month and I don't see anything being fixed. Seems to be getting worse.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

And what about Rb's? I don't know if they suck or our O-line is so bad we just can't know if they are good or not.

I have no idea what goes on in recruiting. But, if we let Peyton Barber go to sign Wilkins, then WTF? Maybe Barber was leaving anyway. Like I said, I have no idea. But, if we let him go or pushed him away the, seriously, WFT?
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Freeze needs to replace both cordonators at season's end. If he doesn't do this, then he needs to be shown the door. It was his ignorant idea to play tiger high again, and has made it a living hell here around Memphis. This game didn't help our recruiting in Memphis either. We won't win with the coaches we have now. Luke is sorry, our play calling sucks, and our defense is horrible. Freeze needs to make these changes or it could get real ugly real quick. I want Freeze to succeed here, but he can't play favorites with his staff. I'd trade our staff for tiger high ' s staff in a second.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:And what about Rb's? I don't know if they suck or our O-line is so bad we just can't know if they are good or not.

I have no idea what goes on in recruiting. But, if we let Peyton Barber go to sign Wilkins, then WTF? Maybe Barber was leaving anyway. Like I said, I have no idea. But, if we let him go or pushed him away the, seriously, WFT?

RB is the easiest position to play in football.. There are special guys like ole Leonard, but he would not be the same guy behind this OL... Look at the NFL.. They don't take RBs early anymore unless they are once in a decade.. Trent Richardson looked like a franchise back at Bama, and I don't even think he is on a roster right now.. Our OL is by far the worst unit in the SEC, and I have said for years that Luke was the weak link... Even when the game was still in question with Memphis there was writing on the wall.. We jumped in an out of formations to run one play... We have no identity and aren't driving the ball with any type of consistency because we have no threat to run the football.. When you have to rely on gimmick plays to score, that is a bad sign. We don't have a clear identity on either side of the ball..Kelly is getting a lot of pressure and he is getting happy feet when there is no pressure.. The problem with D is it is almost entirely a zone D... People are doing a good job of coming up with game plans to exploit holes, and the QBs are throwing accurate balls.. Our corners have been a weak spot. They are not getting roasted they are just going back to the days of not playing the football.. Does not help that we are without the MVP of our D. RN makes the headline, but don't kid yourselves for a second.. Tony Conner means more to our D that any other player. Also hurts that C.J. Johnson is out.. People went Jr. High mode and spouted out about how horrible Memphis is... They are a good offensive team. They have a system that they run very well.. It helps that we are getting Tunsil back.. OL should improve because of the stability at the tackles, but there is still a struggle at one of the guard spots and Patterson is still a youngin... Played like crap last week, but the season is not over, yet...
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Freeze needs to replace both cordonators at season's end. If he doesn't do this, then he needs to be shown the door. It was his ignorant idea to play tiger high again, and has made it a living hell here around Memphis. This game didn't help our recruiting in Memphis either. We won't win with the coaches we have now. Luke is sorry, our play calling sucks, and our defense is horrible. Freeze needs to make these changes or it could get real ugly real quick. I want Freeze to succeed here, but he can't play favorites with his staff. I'd trade our staff for tiger high ' s staff in a second.

So Freeze wanted to play Memphis to get a home basketball game against them? Righhhhhtttt....
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

No, but u need to ask him why he wanted to play them. They were off our schedule, and Freeze came in and put them back on our schedule. Make no mistske, this was his idea. He wanted this game, and he got it.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:No, but u need to ask him why he wanted to play them. They were off our schedule, and Freeze came in and put them back on our schedule. Make no mistske, this was his idea. He wanted this game, and he got it.

Check your sources, everybody under the sun will tell you this game was played to get a home basketball game for your boy... Memphis was horrible when it was scheduled...