***The OFFICIAL FIRE HUGH FREEZE THREAD***

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I do not understand the why are we playing Memphis arguement one bit. Because if we lose, we look like a horrible team? Ok, so if we lose to New Mexico state we look worse. Beat Memphis this year and it looks good on our schedule. Seems some fans just don't want the backlash of tiger fans bragging about beating ole miss. Hell, let's take LSU, state, and Bama off the schedule too.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
rebeljim wrote:No, but u need to ask him why he wanted to play them. They were off our schedule, and Freeze came in and put them back on our schedule. Make no mistske, this was his idea. He wanted this game, and he got it.

Check your sources, everybody under the sun will tell you this game was played to get a home basketball game for your boy... Memphis was horrible when it was scheduled...
U need to know what u are talking about before u post. While getting them to play basketball is part of it, Freeze said he wanted to play them for recruiting the Memphis area. He said that when he came here. His reasons had NOTHING to do with basketball. He wanted them on our schedule, and he got it.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:I do not understand the why are we playing Memphis arguement one bit. Because if we lose, we look like a horrible team? Ok, so if we lose to New Mexico state we look worse. Beat Memphis this year and it looks good on our schedule. Seems some fans just don't want the backlash of tiger fans bragging about beating ole miss. Hell, let's take LSU, state, and Bama off the schedule too.
B/c I'd rather lose to Ok. State, Arizona State, BYU, Boise State, Rutgers, Duke, Wake Forest, Boston College, should I keep going?

Did you see that game? How in the hell does THAT help us in recruiting? I can tell you, it doesn't. Even if we win, it doesn't help us AT ALL. I don't give a d*** what Freeze says. Every one of our games are on TV now. And we are an hour's drive from Memphis.

And I also don't give a d*** about playing Memphis in basketball(although beating them in the FedEx forum MIGHT actually help in basketball recruiting). Pastner is running that program into the ground. They aren't what they used to be.

Stop with all this, 'it helps in recruiting BS'. You know what helps in recruiting? Winning, playing in the SEC, PLAYER DEVELOPMENT, seeing our players get drafted, and plenty of other reason other than playing a team a freaking hour away for recruiting reasons. Playing in Texas or California? Sure that might help in recruiting.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sorry, WildRebel. Not trying to call you out or anything. Just frustrated with all this BS.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
WildRebel wrote:I do not understand the why are we playing Memphis arguement one bit. Because if we lose, we look like a horrible team? Ok, so if we lose to New Mexico state we look worse. Beat Memphis this year and it looks good on our schedule. Seems some fans just don't want the backlash of tiger fans bragging about beating ole miss. Hell, let's take LSU, state, and Bama off the schedule too.
B/c I'd rather lose to Ok. State, Arizona State, BYU, Boise State, Rutgers, Duke, Wake Forest, Boston College, should I keep going?

Did you see that game? How in the hell does THAT help us in recruiting? I can tell you, it doesn't. Even if we win, it doesn't help us AT ALL. I don't give a d*** what Freeze says. Every one of our games are on TV now. And we are an hour's drive from Memphis.

And I also don't give a d*** about playing Memphis in basketball(although beating them in the FedEx forum MIGHT actually help in basketball recruiting). Pastner is running that program into the ground. They aren't what they used to be.

Stop with all this, 'it helps in recruiting BS'. You know what helps in recruiting? Winning, playing in the SEC, PLAYER DEVELOPMENT, seeing our players get drafted, and plenty of other reason other than playing a team a freaking hour away for recruiting reasons. Playing in Texas or California? Sure that might help in recruiting.
Crap Eric, I can't argue with one word of your post.... Does this mean we're best buds???? ;)
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Always, buds!

We just don't agree on everything.
Some Random Dude
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I just hate Memphis. The school. The town. Beale street. Elvis look a likes. The zoo. Where starkghanistan is the arm pit of the world Memphis is the azzhole. It's nasty. Crime ridden. Drug infested. The best thing about Memphis is it isn't in our state. Pick a team that is a good town to visit. How about Tulane? Yes New Orleans could be put down for all the same things I mentioned but at least they do it with style.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Well I could care less who we lose to. Any loss is bad to me. My point is if we are concerned with losing to Memphis then we're not ready to play those teams you mentioned.

Although, I do agree playing Memphis has no benefit to recruiting Memphis.
Last edited by WildRebel on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Must read article on this topic. It doesn't call for his firing, but the quote below from this article says it all.

Misery Index Week 7: Ominous in Oxford http://usat.ly/1LE8BkC

"And he has a fan base that now realizes, once and for all, that Ole Miss probably is always going to be Ole Miss, and that Freeze’s weaknesses as a coach are not going away!"
texasrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

Pretty well said.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I love that everybody thinks we can play whoever we want, when we want...
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:
rebeljim wrote:No, but u need to ask him why he wanted to play them. They were off our schedule, and Freeze came in and put them back on our schedule. Make no mistske, this was his idea. He wanted this game, and he got it.

Check your sources, everybody under the sun will tell you this game was played to get a home basketball game for your boy... Memphis was horrible when it was scheduled...
U need to know what u are talking about before u post. While getting them to play basketball is part of it, Freeze said he wanted to play them for recruiting the Memphis area. He said that when he came here. His reasons had NOTHING to do with basketball. He wanted them on our schedule, and he got it.

CHF can suggest anything he wants or say he is ok with anything somebody else wants, but RB is the man who makes the ultimate call on scheduling. Scheduling is insanely difficult, and involves years of planning and juggling. CHF's reasons to be ok or "wanting" to play Memphis had nothing to do with basketball, but RB's reasons to play Memphis in football had a lot to do with basketball.. I am not hung up on scheduling Memphis.. It is like an extra home game for fans and an easy commute for the team. I think the people most *beep* about it are the people who live close to Memphis and have to interact with "fans". I literally do not know a single Memphis fan.. Again, Memphis was horrible when this series was scheduled. This might be the best Memphis team in history, so I am not going to get hung up on the schedule. Anytime you get beat out of conference the same argument can be made.. Should we not have scheduled Jacksonville State either? We got beat... We are the more talented team, but we got beat by a team that was just better than us that day... Does not make it ok, but it happened... Get over the schedule and move on!
Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Bump this bad boy up!

Let's get this train rolling.

Say it with me…

FUENTE! FUENTE! FUENTE!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb
Rebel Legend