Rebs - hogs 2:30 CBS game of the week.

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Time to finish strong, hope we're up to the challenge.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Time to finish strong, hope we're up to the challenge.

That is the CBS double header... Bama-LSU to follow.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

We have every reason to finish strong: payback to Auburn, payback to Arkansas, payback to LSU, keeping The Egg at home. Tunsil is back, D is playing like LandSharks. It's ours for the taking.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

and I suspect that Conner will be back soon. If not by Auburn or Arkansas, then certainly by LSU. That should fix what has become our defense's biggest weakness.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:We have every reason to finish strong: payback to Auburn, payback to Arkansas, payback to LSU, keeping The Egg at home. Tunsil is back, D is playing like LandSharks. It's ours for the taking.

I might be a fool, but I feel great about every game except the Egg bowl.. The home team has been so dominant in recent years, makes me nervous.. Getting TC back would be huge..
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

It's a tough stretch. That's life in the SEC. That's why I have to laugh when the talking heads try to make a case for the Big Ten teams as being more deserving of ANY SEC team that wins a division, even with two losses. The committee's job is to look at all the metrics, and there is no way that any Big Ten team plays a tougher schedule than any SEC team. Also, the media has been trying very hard to constantly make a case for Notre Dame getting into the playoffs. And some have even said that a two-loss Ole Miss team that wins the SEC would not get in. If that would happen, then we might as well stop playing the games on the field.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If Ole Miss wins the SEC, then u will hear a loud roar from most the nation cause the SEC would get left out of the playoffs unless alot of teams had losses. We can thank our game with tiger high for the reason if we don't go. Heck, tiger high would have a better chance of getting in if we both win out. Although I don't see either of us going.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If alabama or lsu ends the season with just one loss to ole miss, they will be in the playoffs even with us winning the sec.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Win every game you can and let the dominos fall as they will. I remember just a few years ago Alabama needed two teams to lose on the last weekend and one was playing an all but winless team. What happened? Both those teams lost. One on a chip shot missed field goal. What ifs are fun but first put yourself in the best position you can. Ours is as a two loss team.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:If alabama or lsu ends the season with just one loss to ole miss, they will be in the playoffs even with us winning the sec.
I can see this cause we ain't going. I'll take a 10-2 regular season, bit 11-1 sure sounds better.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
JustBlues wrote:If alabama or lsu ends the season with just one loss to ole miss, they will be in the playoffs even with us winning the sec.
I can see this cause we ain't going. I'll take a 10-2 regular season, but 11-1 sure sounds better.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:If Ole Miss wins the SEC, then u will hear a loud roar from most the nation cause the SEC would get left out of the playoffs unless alot of teams had losses. We can thank our game with tiger high for the reason if we don't go. Heck, tiger high would have a better chance of getting in if we both win out. Although I don't see either of us going.
Jim- there's a lot of football left! I believe we'll be underdogs in at least 2 more games, and Arky isn't a guaranteed win! While I'd love 4 more blowouts, I'm afraid we will see 3 or 4 games decided by 7 or fewer points. I think Saturday will be a blowout, but it could go either way. All we can hope got now is an SEC title, and that has to be enough.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
rebeljim wrote:If Ole Miss wins the SEC, then u will hear a loud roar from most the nation cause the SEC would get left out of the playoffs unless alot of teams had losses. We can thank our game with tiger high for the reason if we don't go. Heck, tiger high would have a better chance of getting in if we both win out. Although I don't see either of us going.
Jim- there's a lot of football left! I believe we'll be underdogs in at least 2 more games, and Arky isn't a guaranteed win! While I'd love 4 more blowouts, I'm afraid we will see 3 or 4 games decided by 7 or fewer points. I think Saturday will be a blowout, but it could go either way. All we can hope got now is an SEC title, and that has to be enough.

Proud2b, man I am proud of you... There is the optimist! That is very true.. I would cut back flips to just make the title game!
loophole54
Water Boy
Water Boy

Assume Ole Miss wins the last three, and then beats Florida for the SEC championship. The Rebs had lots of injuries during their loses. But (under the hypothetical), the healthy Rebs beat Alabama, Texas A & M, LSU, State, and the rematch against Florida. I can see that being enough to get us into the championship, especially if the other teams take losses.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

loophole54 wrote:Assume Ole Miss wins the last three, and then beats Florida for the SEC championship. The Rebs had lots of injuries during their loses. But (under the hypothetical), the healthy Rebs beat Alabama, Texas A & M, LSU, State, and the rematch against Florida. I can see that being enough to get us into the championship, especially if the other teams take losses.

Correct, when arguably, the two best players at their positions in the country are missing, makes a big difference to get them back...