I have never in my LIFE...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
bbqit wrote:So I guess Alabama got out coaches by ATM. They sure needed turnovers to win. The Memphis game ticked me off too. I don't like losing to a lower form of life but it does happen from time to time. As for bad play calling be sure to study closer to make sure it's not execution on that play rather than just a bad call.

Yep... To most fans, if it does not work, it was a bad call.. Considering the majority of the offense is a run/pass option, sometimes its just bad reads or lack of execution...
Magee- I'm explicitly talking about two fourth down calls that had nothing to do with execution. Even if they were executed perfectly, they were outright bad play calls.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

TLM 1961 wrote:With the level of recruiting that CHF has been able to accomplish, we should be a much better team than one with loses to Memphis. Don't get me wrong Memphis is a good team, but talent wise they should not compete with Ole Miss. Without 5 turnovers against Alabama we lose that game, heck Alabama made it a game with all the turnovers. Florida and Memphis we got outplayed and outcoached, when we pay a coach a top ten in the nation salary, I feel like we should get a top ten coach. CHF has shown to be a great recruiter, but has not shown that as a coach. Four of our wins are simply we had better players.
I somewhat disagree with your assessment on Bama. Good defense forces turnovers. I will grant you that twice in that game Freeze's play calling let Bama get back in the game when we could have put it away. Twice Freeze let the foot off the gas, and Bama got back in it.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

For whomever said "It doesn't happen to Saban coached teams", I refer you to the 2009 Sugar Bowl.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:
bbqit wrote:So I guess Alabama got out coaches by ATM. They sure needed turnovers to win. The Memphis game ticked me off too. I don't like losing to a lower form of life but it does happen from time to time. As for bad play calling be sure to study closer to make sure it's not execution on that play rather than just a bad call.

Yep... To most fans, if it does not work, it was a bad call.. Considering the majority of the offense is a run/pass option, sometimes its just bad reads or lack of execution...
Magee- I'm explicitly talking about two fourth down calls that had nothing to do with execution. Even if they were executed perfectly, they were outright bad play calls.

One was a QB sneak from the 35 on 4th and about 6 inches that we got whipped at the LOS. Less than a yard has everything to do with getting a tiny push at the LOS... We did not.. Memphis did not even sell out.. They had 6 in the box, we had 8... Based on what Memphis showed, there was nothing wrong with the call, and everything wrong with the execution.. At that point Memphis had scored 17 unanswered and had all the momentum.. What if we punt, they march it down and score? Then we all knock him for not having the intestinal fortitude for not trying the sneak.. I did not necessarily like the decision to go for it in that situation, but it has been said numerous times, if you can't make a less than a yard situation, you do not deserve to win.. Watch the Patriots, Belichck goes for it in that exact same spot on the field and does the exact same thing, but is a genius because it is executed. The 4th and 1 toss after the RN might have been a bad call, but it is hard to say for certain because a cut block was missed for the play to have a shot. Should we have taken points? Because it didn't work, we will say, yeah take the points, but what if we make a play and score that drive taking a 14 point lead would have been big... I am not trying to argue, I just know how difficult it is to call games and always be right, regardless of salary or level..
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:For whomever said "It doesn't happen to Saban coached teams", I refer you to the 2009 Sugar Bowl.
Really? I thought we we're talking about highly ranked teams losing to unranked teams. :roll:

Utah was 11-0 and ranked #6 going into that game.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
JustBlues wrote:For whomever said "It doesn't happen to Saban coached teams", I refer you to the 2009 Sugar Bowl.
Really? I thought we we're talking about highly ranked teams losing to unranked teams. :roll:

Utah was 11-0 and ranked #6 going into that game.
No, when that conversation was going on, it was something more like ole miss should not lose to memphis(who is also undeafeated by the way) no matter how good memphis is. If you want to talk about highly ranked saban teams losing to unranked teams, well we can look at some of those as well, starting with number 10 LSU losing to unranked auburn 31-7 in 2002.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Number 6 lsu losing to unranked florida in 2003.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:Number 6 lsu losing to unranked florida in 2003.
And Bama's fan base demanding more than losing to unranked teams is relevant to Saban coaching a game 12 years ago while at LSU how?

In 1962 we didn't tolerate losing.

How about we stick to the past decade? LOL *roll*
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
JustBlues wrote:Number 6 lsu losing to unranked florida in 2003.
And Bama's fan base demanding more than losing to unranked teams is relevant to Saban coaching a game 12 years ago while at LSU how?

In 1962 we didn't tolerate losing.

How about we stick to the past decade? LOL *roll*

How many SEC teams would switch spots with a two loss Ole Miss team right now? Case closed.. 3-0 puts us in Atlanta, might not make at least going into week 10 we control our destiny..