Question for MageeRebel425

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

pilotreb
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I have been following the message board (I'm a lurker not a poster LOL) and I wanted to throw a curve ball for you to mull over. If we go to Atlanta and beat Florida wouldn't that essentially nullify the Florida loss? We won the one that counted like Alabama against LSU in the rematch! Just a curve ball for some fun discussion. For that matter wouldn't it be fun to play Memphis in the playoff! If you want to shut them up that would be the game (I know its impossible but fun to play with) I also wouldn't mind playing Alabama again this year - means we are in the championship playoff!

PilotReb
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Definitely fun to talk about!

I fell like everyone is the country is rooting against us and lobbying against us. It would definitely cause some trouble for the committee.

My opinion? *beep*'em, let's throw a wrench into the whole thing.
Some Random Dude
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

pilotreb wrote:I have been following the message board (I'm a lurker not a poster LOL) and I wanted to throw a curve ball for you to mull over. If we go to Atlanta and beat Florida wouldn't that essentially nullify the Florida loss? We won the one that counted like Alabama against LSU in the rematch! Just a curve ball for some fun discussion. For that matter wouldn't it be fun to play Memphis in the playoff! If you want to shut them up that would be the game (I know its impossible but fun to play with) I also wouldn't mind playing Alabama again this year - means we are in the championship playoff!

PilotReb

Absolutely! The committee would be forced to look at who we were right then, with our best players playing. They can say what they want, but the eyeball test comes into play.. If we won the SEC, it would put some heat on people.. I just hope we can make it tomorrow and give ourselves a shot!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:Definitely fun to talk about!

I fell like everyone is the country is rooting against us and lobbying against us. It would definitely cause some trouble for the committee.

My opinion? *beep*'em, let's throw a wrench into the whole thing.

I think it goes to 8 teams next year...
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

There's this: if we win the SEC, it would mean we would have played the following ranked teams during the season: Florida (twice), Alabama, LSU, A & M, State and Memphis. Our record would be 5-2. We would likely have one of the best records in the country against that kind of competition. Our SOS would likely be one of the best. We would be a legit playoff contender. And if we win out all the way through Atlanta, we would deserve it. Period.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:There's this: if we win the SEC, it would mean we would have played the following ranked teams during the season: Florida (twice), Alabama, LSU, A & M, State and Memphis. Our record would be 5-2. We would likely have one of the best records in the country against that kind of competition. Our SOS would likely be one of the best. We would be a legit playoff contender. And if we win out all the way through Atlanta, we would deserve it. Period.

Very true.. I am kind of worried about tomorrow. It is extremely tough to play 10 in a row...
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

MageeRebel425 wrote:
Titles 'R Us wrote:There's this: if we win the SEC, it would mean we would have played the following ranked teams during the season: Florida (twice), Alabama, LSU, A & M, State and Memphis. Our record would be 5-2. We would likely have one of the best records in the country against that kind of competition. Our SOS would likely be one of the best. We would be a legit playoff contender. And if we win out all the way through Atlanta, we would deserve it. Period.

Very true.. I am kind of worried about tomorrow. It is extremely tough to play 10 in a row...

I hope our team is "locked in" on Arkie and not all this shoulda coulda woulda. At the end of "The Season" this week , several players said we remember what Ark did to us last year, I hope this is foremost in their preparations
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I agree with most everything said so far. And as bad as I hate to say it, I think LSU beating Bama would benefit us. Just to almost knock them out of playoff talk. The heads want them in and likely will if they win out. Not sure how they would feel about a 2 loss ole miss team in there.....assuming we win out...along with Bama. too many other teams with legit arguementsto be ahead of 2 SEC teams.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:I agree with most everything said so far. And as bad as I hate to say it, I think LSU beating Bama would benefit us. Just to almost knock them out of playoff talk. The heads want them in and likely will if they win out. Not sure how they would feel about a 2 loss ole miss team in there.....assuming we win out...along with Bama. too many other teams with legit arguementsto be ahead of 2 SEC teams.
I agree, 2 losses knocks Bama out and a loss late in the season hurts LSU chances as a 1 loss team.
Some Random Dude
pilotreb
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

We would be a two loss team with a win in the rematch. I think they would then essentially see us as a 1 loss to Memphis team. Again its been stressed over and over but it is essential to win tomorrow! These last three games are against 3 rivals and we need all three! People forget Arkansas is a rival from the past and its been ugly with them in the past.

PS We won that disputed game! He was eligible! 13-7 book it.
PilotReb
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

How about we play good enough defense to beat Arkansas before we book that trip to Atlanta?