Arky Game

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

spudhog
3rd String
3rd String

Definitely expecting a good game Saturday. Do believe OM is the better team and should win. But, I know ARK will play their game and keep it tight. Here's a quick Synopsis of the ARK Razorpigs

Offense: Much more complete and better offense than what OM faced last year. Really ARK had 2 solid drives against OM last year and the rest were off of TO's. Brandon Allen is a much improved QB and Alex Collins is a real talented RB. I expect OM's DEF to be the best we've seen since ALA which shut us down pretty good. ARK has had a rash of injuries to playmakers on OFF. Lost our best RB and top 3 WR's so the fact the offense looks better is quite remarkable.

Defense: The Defense that shutout OM last year is no longer here. We can stop the run pretty well but really struggle in pass defense. TTU, TAMU and others have torched us. Ten Chatt torched our secondary last week and I expect OM to do the same. We've got experience in the secondary and talent. Can't for the life of me figure out why we are so bad back there.

ST"s: We are pretty horrendous. We generate nothing out of the return game nor do our kickers make a positive impact. If it comes down to ST's, OM will win.

I expect ARK to cover their part of the spread and to keep it close but for a determined OM team to find a way late.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Tennessee Martin, not Tennessee Chatanooga
spudhog
3rd String
3rd String

Heck of a Game Rebs. Of course, I'm ecstatic the Hogs won and the way they won the game. Few tidbits here...

1) Chad Kelly played great today. I thought he carried OM today and played like a champion.
2) I never have nor ever will be a Dave Womack fan. He was terrible here at ARK and his def today was terrible. He doesn't have a feel for the game, what to call when and this showed today. For what it is worth, I want to fire our DC as well. We were horrific today as I thought we'd be.
3) Brandon Allen played the best game ever at QB in ARK History. This isn't just my sentiment, this has been many across our state's opinion already. It isn't a great deal of consolation but this was a once in a Programs History type of performance by Allen
4) Loved Bielema's call for two.....the first time. We ran the same two point play we ran against AUB two weeks ago on the Facemask play. Thought we should've kicked after that but, obviously didn't mind him going for it. We couldn't stop OM at all and needed to go for the W. We hadn't ran that play all year long so I"m sure that caught OM off guard
5) On the lateral play, some OM guys came on the field and the replay crew/officiating crew missed that. Thought if there had been some scenario where the play was called back, missing that call would've been epic fail on their part. Luckily, it didn't go to that.
6) Ark off is pretty good. OM is talented but the ARK Off is good as well. Not 50 plus points good against OM but I wasn't shocked we moved the ball well today. Was shocked that OM couldn't get to Allen often though.
7) This game was much better than the 7 OT game. That game was relatively boring throughout and spiced up at the end. I thought this was just a good SEC FB Game.
8) Believe there's something fundamentally wrong with Freeze's coaching/management. OM is too talented to not throw together some stops today and the going for it at the end of REG should've cost them the game. I think Freeze is a good HC but still has a lot to learn before OM takes that next step.
9) Glad to see Treadwell leave. He's unguardable....simply put. Great All Time SEC player right there
10) For the first time in Bielema's ARK Career, he came out with his foot on the pedal and didn't step off. From the kickoff to the last play, he coached to win the game. Gives me hope he can keep this thing going in the right direction.

Good game to you all and wish you best the rest of the season. One great game today! Hotty Toddy and Woo Pig!
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

We need a new defensive coordinator at the very least. Period. If we don't get one at the end of the season, Freeze will be in the same fix again no matter how well he recruits. I think we need to get Tom Allen back. We have too much talent to lose games like this. Makes me want to puke to see Bielema so happy to be the beneficiary of bad defensive calls and that 4th and 25 throw it backwards in the air and see where it lands miracle. I hope Freeze doesn't lose the team.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

That 4th down play ended up being illegal, but the refs and our staff are to ignorant to know the rules. As soon as the ball touched the ground, the ball was dead.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

rebeljim wrote:That 4th down play ended up being illegal, but the refs and our staff are to ignorant to know the rules. As soon as the ball touched the ground, the ball was dead.
How so???

I personally thought that the lateral was a heads up play by the TE. I thought there was a possibility that a lineman tapped the ball sideways while in the air, not enough to call, & that Arky was fortunate that the lateral took a room service bounce to, guess who, the RB of all people.

I agree the game was extremely entertaining & enjoyed all of it but the outcome.

I am now on board that Womack is not the answer for our D, & should be replaced at end of season. This is in addition to Luke being relieved of his duties as O Line coach.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I posted the rule in another thread on here, go read it. But it says as soon as the ball touched the ground, the ball is dead. Luke, Wommack and Batoon are the first that need to go.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Yes I read that discussion, but the officials ruled it a backwards pass. which negates the entire discussion
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

rebeljim wrote:I posted the rule in another thread on here, go read it. But it says as soon as the ball touched the ground, the ball is dead. Luke, Wommack and Batoon are the first that need to go.
This. Freeze can recruit all he wants, but Womack and Batoon are not getting the job done. Go get Tom Allen back. Make him an offer he can't refuse. The outcome of the Arkansas game was sickening. And the 4th and 25 was the fluke of all time. But we wouldn't have been in that position had we played even average defense throughout the entire game. It's not on the players. It's on the coaches. We've got a death spiral ahead of us if staff changes are not made. Status quo will net same disappointing results.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Titles 'R Us wrote:
rebeljim wrote:I posted the rule in another thread on here, go read it. But it says as soon as the ball touched the ground, the ball is dead. Luke, Wommack and Batoon are the first that need to go.
This. Freeze can recruit all he wants, but Womack and Batoon are not getting the job done. Go get Tom Allen back. Make him an offer he can't refuse. The outcome of the Arkansas game was sickening. And the 4th and 25 was the fluke of all time. But we wouldn't have been in that position had we played even average defense throughout the entire game. It's not on the players. It's on the coaches. We've got a death spiral ahead of us if staff changes are not made. Status quo will net same disappointing results.

I'm as disappointed as the rest of you, but some of the blame does fall on the defensive players. Failure to tackle, not covering the receivers. Reaching for the face mask when he clearly did not need to do so. I heard the Ole Miss announcers at one point say " the defense has tried every combination imaginable to stop Arkie, they are just not getting it done".
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Goroth

This team hasn't tackled anybody all year long. The DC and people say these things are fixable. But they have never been fixed. I am tired of hearing that they will correct the mistakes. Then I have to sit back and watch them happen all over again. I don't want another couple games this way. I don't want another season this way.

CHANGES HAVE TO COME.
spudhog
3rd String
3rd String

Will say both Offenses were red hot yesterday. Only Bama could've stopped both of them with any regularity. Agree, terrible day for both DC's but the OFF's were clicking.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:Yes I read that discussion, but the officials ruled it a backwards pass. which negates the entire discussion
As soon as the ball hit the ground, it was a fumble, no longer a lateral. Just cause the refs ruled it one way doesn't mean they are right. Seems to me Freeze would have somebody on his staff that knows the rules. But for us to allow the same play run over and over and over and over and over, u would think we would make some adjustments. But not Wommack.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Yes, the issue here is that our DC made NO adjustments all game long. Blame it on the players? Not if they are well-coached. We have a serious problem with certain members of our staff. If Freeze can't see it or won't make changes, then we won't go to the next level.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Doubt the recruiting would continue as is if we don't do any better than we're doing. Hope we don't lose any we already have. I'm still in Freeze's corner, unless no changes are made. Then maybe more changes will be needed. Wommack, Batoon and Luke don't need to be here next year. Other than Kiffin, wouldn't mind seeing all the D coaches go.