AP

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We moved up to 16... Florida slid to 18.. Just need Bama to be Bama and we will be in the biggest bowl of my lifetime...
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

Sadly the bowl has lost its swagger due to the fact that the big 12 is crap this year and we have been beating ourselves up here in the SEC. neither team will be a top 10 team in the SUGAR BOWL. Who would have thunk it
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

the committee.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

The Sugar Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl, Rose Bowl and Peach Bowl are all now considered The New Year's Six. They will take turns hosting semi-finals, but their payouts and the records, resumes and metrics it will take from here on to be invited to them will always make them the top of the line. I disagree that the Sugar Bowl has lost its luster. There are so many crap bowls out there that never should have been certified, and the NCAA should issue a moratorium on certifying any more, plus review ticket sales and financial viability of all these bowls and decertify if they don''t meet minimum standards. There is NO excuse for having so many bowls that 5-7 teams are now being invited to them just to fill the slots. Ridiculous! I didn't think a 6-6 record should have qualified teams for bowls. Are we next going to allow 4-8 teams to fill slots? Give me a break.

At any rate, those six old-line bowls mentioned above will always be the cream of the crop. If a team gets in one of them or the playoff, that will be the new definition of relevance in today's competitive football world.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Titles 'R Us wrote:The Sugar Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl, Rose Bowl and Peach Bowl are all now considered The New Year's Six. They will take turns hosting semi-finals, but their payouts and the records, resumes and metrics it will take from here on to be invited to them will always make them the top of the line. I disagree that the Sugar Bowl has lost its luster. There are so many crap bowls out there that never should have been certified, and the NCAA should issue a moratorium on certifying any more, plus review ticket sales and financial viability of all these bowls and decertify if they don''t meet minimum standards. There is NO excuse for having so many bowls that 5-7 teams are now being invited to them just to fill the slots. Ridiculous! I didn't think a 6-6 record should have qualified teams for bowls. Are we next going to allow 4-8 teams to fill slots? Give me a break.

At any rate, those six old-line bowls mentioned above will always be the cream of the crop. If a team gets in one of them or the playoff, that will be the new definition of relevance in today's competitive football world.
Agree 100% with everything said here. If anything, it could be argued that the New Year's Six are the ONLY bowls that haven't lost their luster.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I'll say it outright. I would NOT go see an Ole Miss team with a 5-7 record play in one of these Chamber of Commerce bowls. A 5-7 record would mean we didn't play well and our coaches didn't do a good job. Why is that something to celebrate? Fans who would go to watch their 5-7 team play in a bowl are desperate losers.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I'm excited about the sugar bowl. I do think it has lost SOME luster BUT its still the sugar bowl.