okay guys... time to admit it.

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

How many 300+ yds games in a row does it take for a "first time in the system" QB to be considered the best QB a School has had?

I think I started screaming this after my encounter with Chad @ the grove bowl.
Later,
Hagar
Goroth

I was talking about this yesterday. That his one season may have made him the best QB Ole Miss has had. Wish he could make it two seasons.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Any reason to think he won't come back? I'll bet Uncle Jim will advise him to do so.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar wrote:How many 300+ yds games in a row does it take for a "first time in the system" QB to be considered the best QB a School has had?

Don't think he's the best we've ever had. If Archie had been in this system, man. Chad is amongst the best, just not the best.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:Any reason to think he won't come back? I'll bet Uncle Jim will advise him to do so.
His parents struggle financially. He will submit his name to receive a draft grade. If the grade reveals any guaranteed money is likely, he will enter the draft. I am far from being an nfl scout, but my guess is that he is borderline as far as being guaranteed money. I certainly can't see this ending up like snead no matter his decision. If he does come back, he will have his hair on fire to improve his draft score because he is dead set on improving the family financial situation. I seriously could see a heisman campaign and more under center sets next year.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote:
Hagar wrote:How many 300+ yds games in a row does it take for a "first time in the system" QB to be considered the best QB a School has had?

Don't think he's the best we've ever had. If Archie had been in this system, man. Chad is amongst the best, just not the best.

So if it is the "system" are you arguing that Freeze is the best coach we've ever had?
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

It would be really stupid to leave just yet. More to prove. Not sure how intelligent a fellow he is, but you'd have to take a look at your body of work and go, hmm... Some of it wasn't so good.
And consider this. I truly think Dak helped his chances at landing a sweet job in the NFL by returning. Without him, State was ??????. With him, they were something to worry about. Shame for old Dan he didn't have the surrounding pieces.
As for Ole Miss, shame on the Memphis and Arkansas losses.
And for all those (now Georgia But not yet LSU) who think we should head in a different direction ??????
I will enjoy the rhetoric.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:
rebeljim wrote:

So if it is the "system" are you arguing that Freeze is the best coach we've ever had?

If the numbers are not partially the system, Bo Wallace is better than Eli in a lot of categories?? Really good players but all times are too subjective...
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chad is not considered one of the top 28 QBs that are draft eligible by most sources. I don't think he's guaranteed money and will stay another year.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I don't know about him being the best QB at OM but he's right up there with Archie in TOUGHNESS.
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

Wow, this board has made a lot of changes. Its like a new bar with the same old weathered faces :^)
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

You nailed this one, Hagar!! Chad has had a good year. I hope he stays
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Why do we try to compare QB's from different eras, Archie was great in his era, as well as, Eli in his. But the game has changed so much, all players on both sides of the ball are bigger and faster than when Archie and Eli played, not to mention the systems are vastly different. Just saying give each one there due, each has shown to the great Rebels, Chad still has a chapter to be written and with the talent coming back it just could be the fairy tail ending we all have dreamed about.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

TLM 1961 wrote:Why do we try to compare QB's from different eras, Archie was great in his era, as well as, Eli in his. But the game has changed so much, all players on both sides of the ball are bigger and faster than when Archie and Eli played, not to mention the systems are vastly different. Just saying give each one there due, each has shown to the great Rebels, Chad still has a chapter to be written and with the talent coming back it just could be the fairy tail ending we all have dreamed about.
Well said. Chad was good this year and a big part of our success. But, I don't think it's comparable. Without salting down his talent too much, but this is the most talented team ole miss has had, not to mention arguably the best WR in the nation.
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Yeah he would be a fool not to come back. He has only had one year of real college football. He's not near ready for the NFL. No QB would be NFL ready after only one year