Post season thoughts...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:
Titles 'R Us wrote:I agree with Eric that Tunsil's bad decisions probably cost us the West, although the Arkansas' miracle play contributed to it. You can certainly make a case that Florida would not have had nearly the season they had without Grier on steroids.
I should probably leave this alone but I just can't. Please don't think Will Grier is the only player that has "failed" a test for steroids. Like it or not, it's widely used in a lot of sports. I would venture to guess there is more to why he got suspended for a year than just that.
I don't disagree with you at all.

My argument is that Tunsil was out. Forcing Cooper to play LT, when he is clearly better at RT. Cooper moving forced others to move, and so and so forth. Look at our offense since Tunsil has returned. It has been lights out. We'll never know if we could have put together a better game at Florida. But, Tunsil not being there hurt badly. Same at Memphis, too.

The defense didn't help at all those two games, either.
Some Random Dude
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:.

The defense didn't help at all those two games, either.
Conner being out was just as impactful in those games as Tunsil being out. That's two all-americans that didn't even travel to those games in addition to some other fine players missing.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Conner's injury was later in the season. Tunsil was out the first 7 games. I blame him for being selfish and the losses to FLA and Memphis.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:Conner's injury was later in the season. Tunsil was out the first 7 games. I blame him for being selfish and the losses to FLA and Memphis.
Conner's injury was against alabama and was the primary cause of our subsequent secondary problems. His first game back was against arky and he was limited in that one.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:Conner's injury was later in the season. Tunsil was out the first 7 games. I blame him for being selfish and the losses to FLA and Memphis.

I blame his step dad for being a selfish, sorry excuse of a father figure. If you think Tunsil was the only player in the league to receive impermissible benefits, you are sorely mistaken.. He is just the one who got caught, because of his step dad... There isn't a top 50 program in the country that does not have multiple guys on the roster who have received something that would make them ineligible...
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:

I blame his step dad for being a selfish, sorry excuse of a father figure. If you think Tunsil was the only player in the league to receive impermissible benefits, you are sorely mistaken.. He is just the one who got caught, because of his step dad... There isn't a top 50 program in the country that does not have multiple guys on the roster who have received something that would make them ineligible...
I'm tired of that excuse. Sure it happens everywhere. But, how do 95% of them get away with it? Be smart. Tunsil wasn't and it cost our team BIG time this year.
Some Random Dude
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:

I'm tired of that excuse. Sure it happens everywhere. But, how do 95% of them get away with it? Be smart. Tunsil wasn't and it cost our team BIG time this year.
Step dad is dumb
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I don't think he is the step-dad. Just boy friend.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:I don't think he is the step-dad. Just boy friend.

Actually this is correct
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

we didn't lose to Florida and Memphis because of Tunsil. That is selfish and an easy out. We beat Bama without him so that excuse is no good. We got our butts kicked, plain and simple.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

As I write this post, Baylor is stinking it up against texas. It islooking more and more like we will play Oklahoma State in the Sugar if bama beats florida
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Yea, I watched some of it. Kind of glad because Baylor is down to what, 3rd string quarterback. That would of been headline of we were to play them and win. Oklahoma state is still a good game.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

I remember the 2010 Cotton Bowl, We beat Oklahoma State!!!!
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
academy reb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Actually, it was 2003. Les Miles was their coach. Eli had a good day.
I only like helmeted sports, hockey, baseball, football, war.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:

I think there are excuses and there are reasons. The reason the NCAA cavity searched Tunsil and Ole Miss was because the boyfriend or whatever he is fell off the gravy train and was vengeful. I won't bash Tunsil and call the guy selfish. If he were selfish, he would not be playing right now and would still be the first tackle drafted. He is a rebel and a dang good one!