Could it be?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

I never really believed I would witness an Ole Miss team winning the national championship again. I've always believed. I was there when Archie played with a cast on his arm. (Young though I was.) .... (And thanks dad for taking me to that thrilling game.) Been watching and hoping ever since.
Years ago you could look at the prospects choices, and you would barely sniff Ole Miss on anyone's "interest" list. We are all over it now.
I'd guess about half of the uncommitted top players have some interest in us. That's amazing to me. I remember hoping to get 3*'s here.
I think we might actually be on our way. To accomplishing something that we never thought could happen.
Just got back from Jamaica last night, so the "little" thing was a sweet surprise. And the "Ya MON!" hasn't quite worn off yet. (Not used to it in my older age.) Had a great time, though.
Hate it about RN. Live and learn. But wow, are Ole Miss's fortunes on the rise!
All you can hope to become is relevant. And we are. And it looks like, will continue to be. Sweet love and Merry Christmas to all. Now let's aim for an SEC Championship first, and find what comes with it!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

First you have to get good enough. So far I see that happening. But what is second is the difficult part. Second you need luck. Luck like ark fumbling a snap to give tn life again. Bama blocking two field goals while another team loses to a team not in the top 50. Getting good enough ain't easy but getting luck to fall your way is really tough to do.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:First you have to get good enough. So far I see that happening. But what is second is the difficult part. Second you need luck. Luck like ark fumbling a snap to give tn life again. Bama blocking two field goals while another team loses to a team not in the top 50. Getting good enough ain't easy but getting luck to fall your way is really tough to do.
but if you are consistently good enough, some years those breaks will fall your way.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

JustBlues wrote:
bbqit wrote:First you have to get good enough. So far I see that happening. But what is second is the difficult part. Second you need luck. Luck like ark fumbling a snap to give tn life again. Bama blocking two field goals while another team loses to a team not in the top 50. Getting good enough ain't easy but getting luck to fall your way is really tough to do.
but if you are consistently good enough, some years those breaks will fall your way.
Yeah, I know guys. In a way, it was luck that we got that catch against Bummer. And supreme intervention that Arkansaw pulled off the stunt (in my mind) of the season. They sure plucked our feathers.
But keep rebuilding like this, our chances will come. That's all I'm saying. Been a long while since Ole Miss was a player.
WE ARE NOW. I, for one, am THRILLED!!!
GtownRebel
All American
All American

The way I look at it is Ole Miss is competitive now in the West. As long as we stay in the top 4 in the SEC for several years, we will get looks from the top HS players. Our coaches are recruiting machines. We will have depth like you have never seen before soon. So with all of the above happening, the more you stay at the top, the more likely you will reach Atlanta. The ball is not round and bounces crazy at times. So the odds of always coming up short will eventually fall our way soon.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Get to Atlanta. Then we can look at it. Any way you want to get there Atlanta is the path.