Jordan Wilkins, out...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

cajunrebel

The young'uns are going to have to step it up. Swinney and Pennamon - come on down. . . . .
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I thought Judd was the best back last year.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Several articles use the phrase "administrative error". What does this mean?
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Does it mean whoever was to be keeping up with this failed to do their job???
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The administration thought the class was a 3 hour class, but it was a 2 hour class. Total stupidity. Beginning to wonder what Vitter and Bjork are thinking. Between this and the 'cooperating' with the naca, totally dumb.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yes, this isn't a grade issue. Athletes have to complete 60% of coursework towards a degree by the end of year 3. Wilkins fell short.

Wilkins shares some blame. I know, saw my advisor and did what they told me to do. But, I also didn't have to hit milestones to stay eligible for anything, but beer drinking.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:Yes, this isn't a grade issue. Athletes have to complete 60% of coursework towards a degree by the end of year 3. Wilkins fell short.

Wilkins shares some blame. I know, saw my advisor and did what they told me to do. But, I also didn't have to hit milestones to stay eligible for anything, but beer drinking.
I understand he was one hour short. The one hour *beep* up from the class. Bjork and Vitter better wake up. They've already screwed the ncaa junk. Wait til u see how our recruiting class will end up, or should I say down.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote:The administration thought the class was a 3 hour class, but it was a 2 hour class. Total stupidity. Beginning to wonder what Vitter and Bjork are thinking. Between this and the 'cooperating' with the naca, totally dumb.
What does Bjork or Vitter have to do with this?
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:
rebeljim wrote:The administration thought the class was a 3 hour class, but it was a 2 hour class. Total stupidity. Beginning to wonder what Vitter and Bjork are thinking. Between this and the 'cooperating' with the naca, totally dumb.
The overall lack of leadership is appearing to be weak. Whoever the advisor is should be fired, it hasn't happened. Add that to the TOTAL STUPIDITY of being 'cooperative' with the ncaa, and it sure seems lacking. Don't think this won't be used against us in recruiting. No excuse for this to happen, NONE. We say we want to run with the big boys, then act like it, Fire the idiot that is responsible for this. The ncaa isn't going to do us any favors, as this ruling on Wilkins shows. The ncaa is out to get us any way they can. I think since they don't have much on us after nearly 4 years, they're letting this investigation drag out as long as possible, knowing it's totally screwing our class. Looking like 2017 before it's settled, look for us to be at the bottom of the conference in recruiting this season. Our ranking, in the low 30's right now, will drop when some of our top commits, decommit. Both gay and Bowie have said they will reopen their recruitment if things aren't settled before signing day. And it looks highly doubtful that will happen. Don't see Akers coming here either. I hope I'm wrong and have to eat this whole post, but I see nothing positive about any of this. And now someone can't even add the stupid hours in their head and it's cost Wilkins his last year here. Vitter and Bjork better right this ship.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I am not in favor of firing someone for one mistake. If the advisor has shown a pattern of carelessness, then he or she should be fired, but otherwise everyone should learn from his or her mistake and move on.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

rebeljim wrote:
rebelbear wrote:
The overall lack of leadership is appearing to be weak. Whoever the advisor is should be fired, it hasn't happened. Add that to the TOTAL STUPIDITY of being 'cooperative' with the ncaa, and it sure seems lacking. Don't think this won't be used against us in recruiting. No excuse for this to happen, NONE. We say we want to run with the big boys, then act like it, Fire the idiot that is responsible for this. The ncaa isn't going to do us any favors, as this ruling on Wilkins shows. The ncaa is out to get us any way they can. I think since they don't have much on us after nearly 4 years, they're letting this investigation drag out as long as possible, knowing it's totally screwing our class. Looking like 2017 before it's settled, look for us to be at the bottom of the conference in recruiting this season. Our ranking, in the low 30's right now, will drop when some of our top commits, decommit. Both gay and Bowie have said they will reopen their recruitment if things aren't settled before signing day. And it looks highly doubtful that will happen. Don't see Akers coming here either. I hope I'm wrong and have to eat this whole post, but I see nothing positive about any of this. And now someone can't even add the stupid hours in their head and it's cost Wilkins his last year here. Vitter and Bjork better right this ship.
If they weren't staying up at night trying to figure out how to destroy everything "Ole Miss" maybe they could right the ship. Not a fan of Bjork.