It's that time : fsu prediction thread

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

cajunrebel

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/flori ... 25289.html

This reminds me of a previous OM asst coach passing out in a Subway I believe. . . .
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Does this hurricane work in our favor?
GtownRebel
All American
All American

It is gone and only rained in Orlando.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:It is gone and only rained in Orlando.

Ok. All I wanted it to do was disrupt outdoor practice
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

If we are focused and don't let the NCAA witch hunt into our faking the moon landing get us sidetracked, we should win handily. Once the little new ACC QB gets some SEC hits he will get scared and the pics will begin
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I hope we look better than 90% of the sec come Monday night
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:Whoever wins turnovers, wins the game.

-3 Turnover margin...
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

I think the reason we lost was playing too soft coverage on their WR's and and Chad Kelley's refusal to roll the pocket and stay out of sacks and batted down passes. I also think losing 2 players for the year in one game took a lot of the wind out of our sails. You can't give up 4 turnovers to anyone and expect to be in the game either. Lets hope our secondary can recover. I thought some of our young players showed a lot of promise.
Later,
Hagar
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Playing soft coverage seems to be Wommack ' s style. This will be the 3rd year of me saying we need a change there.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

There were multiple problems.
1. TOP FSU 42:39 to 17:21. Tempo is fine if you are moving the ball. The problem we ran into in the 3rd was 3 and outs and turnovers, putting the D right back on the field.
2. -4 Turnovers. If you turn the ball over 4 more times than FSU in what is a home game for them, you will lose every time.
3. There are massive cushions because we rarely play man. We play a complex zone D and there are cushions somewhere most every play.
4. Injury at an already weak spot. When Webster went down that hurt, not just for the game, but the year.
5. Tony Conner is still not close to right. He was a shadow of himself last night. We need him to get back close to what he was.
6. O line did a solid job first half, when we got down they had break downs with FSU pinning their ears back.
7. LB is paper thin and they do not cover particularly well.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:Whoever wins turnovers, wins the game.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Might be a long season if we can't correct the coverage down field and the back coming out of the backfield for a flair pass. Coaching D needs to step up and correct this quickly as it will be tested every game now...count on it.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

while I can sort of understand our Defensive problems given a 70% Tony Conner, the biggest glaring problem I see is why didn't Chad Kelly roll the pocket on passing downs and run instead of taking 5 sacks? I expected Chad to be much more mobile this year especially since we aren't exactly "thin" @ QB.
Later,
Hagar
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

Hagar wrote:while I can sort of understand our Defensive problems given a 70% Tony Conner, the biggest glaring problem I see is why didn't Chad Kelly roll the pocket on passing downs and run instead of taking 5 sacks? I expected Chad to be much more mobile this year especially since we aren't exactly "thin" @ QB.
Rolling pocket is all well & good, but FSU was coming off both ends & coupe times he rolled into the sack.

Their D-Line played like ours in the 1st half.

We showed promise & w/out the turnovers game could have been different. You cannot give away your most prized asset, the football!!
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rickochet2 wrote:
Hagar wrote:while I can sort of understand our Defensive problems given a 70% Tony Conner, the biggest glaring problem I see is why didn't Chad Kelly roll the pocket on passing downs and run instead of taking 5 sacks? I expected Chad to be much more mobile this year especially since we aren't exactly "thin" @ QB.
Rolling pocket is all well & good, but FSU was coming off both ends & coupe times he rolled into the sack.

Their D-Line played like ours in the 1st half.

We showed promise & w/out the turnovers game could have been different. You cannot give away your most prized asset, the football!!

Without 4 turnovers, we win.. Plain and simple.