Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I tried telling everybody it was going to be bad. Was just too much for it not to be bad. We'll have to wait and see what the coi does.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

If the NCAA accepts this punishment, then I won't consider it too bad. Could be a lot worse.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

WildRebel wrote:If the NCAA accepts this punishment, then I won't consider it too bad. Could be a lot worse.
Not gonna happen.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:If the NCAA accepts this punishment, then I won't consider it too bad. Could be a lot worse.
It's the coi who decides. The ncaa probably wants a 2 year bowl ban, hence us offering 1 year. The ncaa is gonna want a show cause for Freeze I would imagine. And the ncaa wants to stick the dreaded loic on us also. If we get hit with that, both Bjork and Freeze should be fired.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote:
It's the coi who decides. The ncaa probably wants a 2 year bowl ban, hence us offering 1 year. The ncaa is gonna want a show cause for Freeze I would imagine. And the ncaa wants to stick the dreaded loic on us also. If we get hit with that, both Bjork and Freeze should be fired.
I could see the LOIC sticking if basketball and track and girls softball were involved, but I am pretty sure that the other sports were already resolved and didn't require the LOIC...the punishments handed down today do not rise to the level of LOIC for football alone. Freeze is the only coach left that hasn't been fired over most of the allegations and Bjork wasn't here for the other sports involvement. The Nutt staff was responsible for most of the allegations not involving Tunsil and the NCAA accepted Ole Miss's handling of seven game suspension and fine for Tunsil already. The stuff the NCAA handed down today hasn't been spilled to our fan base as to what happened in my mind. Other than the Bowl ban I don't see anything that we weren't already expecting. Am I missing something?
Later,
Hagar
GtownRebel
All American
All American

A lot of this is interviewing recruits that went to other schools, so what do you expect? If the $12-15,600 was paid, then contact the IRS as I am positive they didn't claim it on their tax return. That will slow down the money changing hands.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

After the level of cooperation that Ole Miss has given, if the NCAA tries to impose further sanctions beyond the unusually harsh ones already self-imposed, the NCAA will never see cooperation from another school.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

JustBlues wrote:After the level of cooperation that Ole Miss has given, if the NCAA tries to impose further sanctions beyond the unusually harsh ones already self-imposed, the NCAA will never see cooperation from another school.
I agree but it sure seems that the NCAA doesn't care. They appear to be a rogue agency throwing their self perceived importance and authority around.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
steve nichols
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

If the LOIC can't be beat should Freeze take a quick 1 year ban from coaching.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The there's a real good chance Freeze and Bjork both may lose their jobs.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:The there's a real good chance Freeze and Bjork both may lose their jobs.

Doubtful, but with how unfair this entire thing has been, would not shock me. I feel like we are in the twilight zone.. Leo Lewis is the recruit that has the most serious level 1, but he chooses to go to another school, why??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC2buuY-S4g

Why is this not opening an investigation? Somebody at the NCAA has an axe to grind with Ole Miss or they just followed the convenient narrative of, Ole Miss can't get those players without cheating.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

SaturdayDownSouth reporting Ole Miss has turned over evidence of illegal recruiting by Mississippi State to the NCAA during the course of the investigation.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-mi ... stigation/
ballboy85
Water Boy
Water Boy

I knew it was a matter of time before we got the big hammer. We just don't get the classes we get without something behind the scenes. I had a bad feeling the last few years. Too bad Freeze couldn't have used those classes to make something happen before this came to light.