Eastern Illinois

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Due to expected rain on Saturday, Ole Miss and Eastern Illinois will play a double header on Friday beginning at 3:00 with Game 2 to start 45 minutes after the conclusion of Game 1.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebs win both games to move to 14-1 on the year. Will go for the sweep on Sunday. Rollison didn't look as crisp as usual, but the Rebel bats stayed hot and got the job done. Dillard has been an absolute monster lately. Had a HR in Game 1, and was 1-1 with an RBI single in Game 2 and 3 walks. Those boys didn't want any part of pitching to him, and I wouldn't either. We have a 2 game road trip to Georgia State in the midweek before coming home to open SEC play next weekend against UT.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

rebelbear wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:18 am Rebs win both games to move to 14-1 on the year. Will go for the sweep on Sunday. Rollison didn't look as crisp as usual, but the Rebel bats stayed hot and got the job done. Dillard has been an absolute monster lately. Had a HR in Game 1, and was 1-1 with an RBI single in Game 2 and 3 walks. Those boys didn't want any part of pitching to him, and I wouldn't either. We have a 2 game road trip to Georgia State in the midweek before coming home to open SEC play next weekend against UT.
Eastern Illinois helped us out us few times with errors, can’t agree our bats “stayed hot”. We’re below average at the plate and hopefully they get hot soon.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Good all around game today from the Rebs on Sunday. Hitting was on today, I even saw some good hacks on off speed balls. If they carry this over to SEC, we can make some noise. McArthur pitches well outside of a few he served then for home runs. Great start to the season.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Good weekend. It’s hard to sweep a series and we’ve been able to do that 3 of 4 weekends. It was cold and crappy weather today, wish we had played 2 yesterday instead of Friday.

Georgia State is up next and they’re no joke. They’re sitting at 14 in RPI according to Warren Nolan. Swept Samford on the road this weekend and Eastern Illinois at Home last weekend. We split 2 games with them last year, and did very little scoring in either game.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Agreed. I like playing competitive teams before sec play starts. They’re a pretty good team that can hit. Hopefully Roth brings his A game.