Chucky_38
All American
All American

In a tight one 2-2 after 6.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Rolison struggles tonight, or maybe they just came to hit, but..... BASERUNNING!!!????We have to get better. It’s cost us a couple runs at least and continues to be a burden.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

We lose 8-6. Tough one.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Definitely a tough one to lose because we are so much better than we played tonight. I wish Bianco would have let Rolison finish that inning and I think it’s different game, but of course hinds sight is 20/20. Let’s see how they bounce back tomorrow.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Tough loss, but one thing about this team I’ve noticed all year is their ability to continue hitting and scoring with 2 outs. We scored 4 runs in the 7th after the first 2 batters got out. Unfortunately it wasn’t enough. And I agree, I wish Rollison could’ve had one more batter. Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful in Oxford. Looking forward to a packed house, and hopefully seeing the Rebs bounce back.
steve nichols
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

We are going to lose a lot of games if 3d base coach doesn't do better job on base running. Last night's out a home big factor in loss
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Rebs win game 2. Feigl is is a gamer. And loved Bianco left him in with a bases loaded no out jam. Adams coming on as a big bat in the lineup.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Feigl may be our best starter. He’s a beast for sure. I thought we played a pretty complete game today, had several more 2 out RBIs today. But again, base running blunders cost us. Adams got picked off twice, both times by the catcher I think. Once at third and then at first, but they called interference on the play at first and he was awarded 2nd base. With or without interference he was dead to rights over there...we need to clean that up. But all in all it was a great day, now let’s get the series win tomorrow.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

rebelbear wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:50 pm Feigl may be our best starter. He’s a beast for sure. I thought we played a pretty complete game today, had several more 2 out RBIs today. But again, base running blunders cost us. Adams got picked off twice, both times by the catcher I think. Once at third and then at first, but they called interference on the play at first and he was awarded 2nd base. With or without interference he was dead to rights over there...we need to clean that up. But all in all it was a great day, now let’s get the series win tomorrow.
Rolison and Feigl could be a #1 on most teams in the country. I think Rolison has better stuff of the 2 but not by much. For whatever reason he hasn’t found his rythym this year. As petty as it seems because I hate this excuse but have to say it...the ump had a very tight and strange zone Friday. I think it was bothering Rolison that he never could establish his pitches the way he wanted. He didn’t pitch a terrible game IMO, TN just found the ball. I do like Feigl’s composure on the mound. He always seems cool and hardly ever pitches tight. I’ve seen Rolison get flustered many times and make some bad pitches.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

WildRebel wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:37 pm
rebelbear wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:50 pm Feigl may be our best starter. He’s a beast for sure. I thought we played a pretty complete game today, had several more 2 out RBIs today. But again, base running blunders cost us. Adams got picked off twice, both times by the catcher I think. Once at third and then at first, but they called interference on the play at first and he was awarded 2nd base. With or without interference he was dead to rights over there...we need to clean that up. But all in all it was a great day, now let’s get the series win tomorrow.
Rolison and Feigl could be a #1 on most teams in the country. I think Rolison has better stuff of the 2 but not by much. For whatever reason he hasn’t found his rythym this year. As petty as it seems because I hate this excuse but have to say it...the ump had a very tight and strange zone Friday. I think it was bothering Rolison that he never could establish his pitches the way he wanted. He didn’t pitch a terrible game IMO, TN just found the ball. I do like Feigl’s composure on the mound. He always seems cool and hardly ever pitches tight. I’ve seen Rolison get flustered many times and make some bad pitches.
The Friday night ump had a weird zone for sure. It bothered the hitters and pitchers I think. But, for the most part he was consistent with it and thats all you can really ask for. Rollison looked good last night, except the one bad inning where things got away. I think he had 11 Ks, one short of his career high set earlier this year.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Rebs take series winning 5-0 Sunday. Felt we should have easily swept this one coming into the season but a series win in this league is an accomplishment. Big week coming up with UNO coming to Oxford Tuesday and a series at A&M on the weekend. It will be a test for sure.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Needed a sweep, but maybe it will help us lock in.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Our pitching staff is legit. That doesn't mean they are incapable of having a bad inning, or even a bad start altogether. But, we currently have the best ERA in the league, the most strikeouts, and the fewest walks. The competition level is about to take a huge leap this weekend, we'll see if we can keep it going.