Govenor’s Cup

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

MageeRebel425 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:43 pm If we lose the series to LSwho, wake me up if we make a super... I'm so sick of that crap... Outside of Jake Mangum, what position player would start for us?
That’s not the point. How many times does the best team always win? We had the lead, gave up a weak single, walked the winning run(big no no) and 1 swing from a good hitter...ball game. Stick around baseball enough, you’ll see it happens more times than not.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:42 pm Carracci is a d*** good pitcher and he will stay in that role. A couple bad innings doesn’t define a pitcher, especially in a rivalry game where emotions are high. This was just another loss, it ain’t the World Series...State getting the reactions they eat up from some Reb fans. On to LSU...
We are 32-10.. 9 of our loses are by 1 or 2 runs... 0-4 in our last 1 or 2 run games...
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

So you’re telling me we’re a swing or 2 from only losing a couple Games so far??? Sounds pretty good to me
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:53 pm
MageeRebel425 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:43 pm If we lose the series to LSwho, wake me up if we make a super... I'm so sick of that crap... Outside of Jake Mangum, what position player would start for us?
That’s not the point. How many times does the best team always win? We had the lead, gave up a weak single, walked the winning run(big no no) and 1 swing from a good hitter...ball game. Stick around baseball enough, you’ll see it happens more times than not.
That is why you play a best of 3 series, instead of a single game... Fancy it up any way you want, but 3 out of 4 isn't good. I can't stand State, but I am not fixing to little brother them or act like they are beneath us... They are sucking it up and beat us 75% of the time this year...
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:01 pm So you’re telling me we’re a swing or 2 from only losing a couple Games so far??? Sounds pretty good to me
You don't see how that is a pattern?? Unless we are up big, we are losing...
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

We’ve won 11 one/two run games and won 13 from behind???
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

MageeRebel425 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:02 pm
WildRebel wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:53 pm
That is why you play a best of 3 series, instead of a single game... Fancy it up any way you want, but 3 out of 4 isn't good. I can't stand State, but I am not fixing to little brother them or act like they are beneath us... They are sucking it up and beat us 75% of the time this year...
Beating State is about pride, sure...it doesn’t define our season.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Just my opinion but this years state team is garbage and there’s no excuse for us to lose 3 of 4 to them this year. None.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

They swept ark too. They must have potential somewhere.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

So when they beat us in a series at State, "we overlooked them, looking for a sweep". We have the opportunity to avenge a bad series loss, to collapse late, and it is because state is really good? Agree to disagree... Better come on with it tonight! I do not want to see this season end in typical fashion.. We are not very good at all outside of our backyard, so we better position ourselves to be a national seed.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

MageeRebel425 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:45 am So when they beat us in a series at State, "we overlooked them, looking for a sweep". We have the opportunity to avenge a bad series loss, to collapse late, and it is because state is really good? Agree to disagree... Better come on with it tonight! I do not want to see this season end in typical fashion.. We are not very good at all outside of our backyard, so we better position ourselves to be a national seed.
I think it was more of a team finding themselves. State is talented but weren’t playing good ball to start the season. Still think we’re better...

LSU is going to bring it. They always seem to put it together late. We need this series.