COCKS

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Goroth

WildRebel wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 pm Geez...I don’t think I can post here anymore.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 pm Geez...I don’t think I can post here anymore.
Because of honest observations and calling a spade a spade? I'm not wearing red and blue glasses.. I admire your optimism, but don't go "bad fan" because others don't drink the kool aid, please.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Shoot.. There was an opportunity. Needed a two out hit to tie it up, 5-4 bottom 7...
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

MageeRebel425 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:26 pm
Because of honest observations and calling a spade a spade? I'm not wearing red and blue glasses.. I admire your optimism, but don't go "bad fan" because others don't drink the kool aid, please.
Honest observations? Maybe idiotic. Lol, no it’s the motive around this board to lie in the bushes and pounce on any opportunity to degrade a particular sport for some sort of weird satisfaction at ANY opportunity. News flash: it’s regular season. This team is not perfect but good. They’ve set f’ing records and beat some good teams. Pitching has been shaky lately but that can be cleaned up. Wildrebel out for good...back to regular scheduled bashing...
Chucky_38
All American
All American

We were leading 6-5 in the 10th...not sure what happened after that cause I’m at work.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
darylscook
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Big win for us today!!
-----
Go Rebs!!
Goroth

The sky really isn't falling? Red and blue glasses or drinking the koolaid. This has been an outstanding season and I have enjoyed all of it. Not throwing up my hands and saying it's all over after a loss.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

[/quote]Honest observations? Maybe idiotic. Lol, no it’s the motive around this board to lie in the bushes and pounce on any opportunity to degrade a particular sport for some sort of weird satisfaction at ANY opportunity. News flash: it’s regular season. This team is not perfect but good. They’ve set f’ing records and beat some good teams. Pitching has been shaky lately but that can be cleaned up. Wildrebel out for good...back to regular scheduled bashing.[/quote]

Really dude? Idiotic? Really? tell me what I said that was not accurate or where I bashed the sport or slammed any individual? It was an amazing start, record breaking, but pitching has been a big problem since 3 weeks ago in Starkville. We got boat raced Friday and Saturday, gave up over 30 hits in those two days. I think this baseball program is a top tier program in the country and occasionally would enjoy being one of the last 8 standing. Look at today, SC had a top 5 program coming in going for a sweep on a beautiful day to watch baseball and there were a lot of empty chairs. Swayze would be packed. Maybe I did not accurately explain my rationale. I don't mean to be mellow dramatic, but I absolutely believe if we got swept this weekend we would have no shot at being a national seed. Based on what they have done, it does not bode well for this team to play outside of Oxford. I give credit where it is due, as bad as they were Friday and Saturday, they were just that clutch in late innings today. Gutsy performance by Parker. Go back and read my posts. I only have a 14 year track record of posts. I don't consider myself a "basher" at all. I try to be realistic. I root for us to win in every sport every single time we step out and compete and have since I was able to talk. So I have no clue what "motive" you are referring to with me. I have enjoyed your input and agree with a lot of your posts. I do feel like you are being a little sensitive and hope you reconsider.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:50 pm
MageeRebel425 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:26 pm
Honest observations? Maybe idiotic. Lol, no it’s the motive around this board to lie in the bushes and pounce on any opportunity to degrade a particular sport for some sort of weird satisfaction at ANY opportunity. News flash: it’s regular season. This team is not perfect but good. They’ve set f’ing records and beat some good teams. Pitching has been shaky lately but that can be cleaned up. Wildrebel out for good...back to regular scheduled bashing...
I actually said in my "bashing" that they were not elite, but solid..
Goroth

MageeRebel425 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:17 pm Really dude? Idiotic? Really? tell me what I said that was not accurate or where I bashed the sport or slammed any individual? It was an amazing start, record breaking, but pitching has been a big problem since 3 weeks ago in Starkville. We got boat raced Friday and Saturday, gave up over 30 hits in those two days. I think this baseball program is a top tier program in the country and occasionally would enjoy being one of the last 8 standing. Look at today, SC had a top 5 program coming in going for a sweep on a beautiful day to watch baseball and there were a lot of empty chairs. Swayze would be packed. Maybe I did not accurately explain my rationale. I don't mean to be mellow dramatic, but I absolutely believe if we got swept this weekend we would have no shot at being a national seed. Based on what they have done, it does not bode well for this team to play outside of Oxford. I give credit where it is due, as bad as they were Friday and Saturday, they were just that clutch in late innings today. Gutsy performance by Parker. Go back and read my posts. I only have a 14 year track record of posts. I don't consider myself a "basher" at all. I try to be realistic. I root for us to win in every sport every single time we step out and compete and have since I was able to talk. So I have no clue what "motive" you are referring to with me. I have enjoyed your input and agree with a lot of your posts. I do feel like you are being a little sensitive and hope you reconsider.
There are 14 teams in the SEC. Three of those teams have a winning road record Florida, Georgia and Ole Miss. Everyone plays better at home. But they aren't terrible on the road either. I have faith in this team and believe they can go as far as they want this year. Will ride the waves this season and love it.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:30 pm
MageeRebel425 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:17 pm Really dude? Idiotic? Really? tell me what I said that was not accurate or where I bashed the sport or slammed any individual? It was an amazing start, record breaking, but pitching has been a big problem since 3 weeks ago in Starkville. We got boat raced Friday and Saturday, gave up over 30 hits in those two days. I think this baseball program is a top tier program in the country and occasionally would enjoy being one of the last 8 standing. Look at today, SC had a top 5 program coming in going for a sweep on a beautiful day to watch baseball and there were a lot of empty chairs. Swayze would be packed. Maybe I did not accurately explain my rationale. I don't mean to be mellow dramatic, but I absolutely believe if we got swept this weekend we would have no shot at being a national seed. Based on what they have done, it does not bode well for this team to play outside of Oxford. I give credit where it is due, as bad as they were Friday and Saturday, they were just that clutch in late innings today. Gutsy performance by Parker. Go back and read my posts. I only have a 14 year track record of posts. I don't consider myself a "basher" at all. I try to be realistic. I root for us to win in every sport every single time we step out and compete and have since I was able to talk. So I have no clue what "motive" you are referring to with me. I have enjoyed your input and agree with a lot of your posts. I do feel like you are being a little sensitive and hope you reconsider.
There are 14 teams in the SEC. Three of those teams have a winning road record Florida, Georgia and Ole Miss. Everyone plays better at home. But they aren't terrible on the road either. I have faith in this team and believe they can go as far as they want this year. Will ride the waves this season and love it.

Interesting stat. Florida is in a league of there own right now though. They have won like 18 series in a row.
Goroth

Florida is the best team in the country.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:42 pm Florida is the best team in the country.
Unquestionable
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Best pitcher in the country and probably the number draft pick is coming to Oxford this week in Mize. He has been beaten twice - 9-2 record and is on fire right now. Got to win series.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:35 am Best pitcher in the country and probably the number draft pick is coming to Oxford this week in Mize. He has been beaten twice - 9-2 record and is on fire right now. Got to win series.
No doubt.. Got to take advantage of any opportunities against him. Rollison is going to have to pitch, how he is capable of pitching.