Since so many here loved and supported Andy

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Figured I'd give a little update on yalls favorite coach of all time. A friend of Andy posts on scout, and gave this update. Andy has had 5 HC offers so far, which he has tuned down. None were P5 offers. Andy will be announcing on ESPN’s Super Tuesday games and in studio in Bristol on Fridays and Saturday’s. Think he's waiting for the UAB job to open. Supposely they wanted him when we hired him 12 years ago. That's all I got for now. I'm sure all u will be waiting with baited breath on another update.
Last edited by rebeljim on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Riveting information!
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

So he has supposedly turned down 5 head coaching positions to wait on the UAB job...if that's true I guess that says a lot. And for the record, I don't hate AK. I actually like the guy and I believe that he loves Ole Miss and tried his best to build something here. I wish him nothing but success.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:28 pm So he has supposedly turned down 5 head coaching positions to wait on the UAB job...if that's true I guess that says a lot. And for the record, I don't hate AK. I actually like the guy and I believe that he loves Ole Miss and tried his best to build something here. I wish him nothing but success.
None of the 5 offers were P5. I think one was UTEP. The poster the posted this is friends with Andy, and has given updates from time to time. Supposedly Andy's been staying in Birmingham lately.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Saw today that the SEC Network has hired AK as an analyst for this season. Happy for him. I think he'll do great.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

rebeljim wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:01 pm
rebelbear wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:28 pm So he has supposedly turned down 5 head coaching positions to wait on the UAB job...if that's true I guess that says a lot. And for the record, I don't hate AK. I actually like the guy and I believe that he loves Ole Miss and tried his best to build something here. I wish him nothing but success.
None of the 5 offers were P5. I think one was UTEP. The poster the posted this is friends with Andy, and has given updates from time to time. Supposedly Andy's been staying in Birmingham lately.
I wonder if his family are there or still in Oxford.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

A free article by Ben, who covers Ole Miss basketball better than anyone on any board.

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/ ... 123457110/
GtownRebel
All American
All American

You wait and see if he doesn't come out of this with a better attitude and better coaching by watching other coaches and their practices. Being under Huggins was not the best thing for him in my opinion. Huggins at times is a crazy guy and acts a lot like Bobby Knight in his early years. One thing different in AK and BK is one was a run and gun offensive coach and one was a dictatorial demanding coach that left the player to follow his instructions and have no instincts of his own. I think AK will make it similar to EO in football. It just takes maturity and the time to learn. JMHO
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Thanks for the read on AK. It was time for him to move on. Coach's stay to long and it usually turns into a mess. Wish him the best and hope the best for the Rebels under Davis.