Let's play a game

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Suppose for a moment that Luke and Co get canned this year end... Who do y'all prefer.... My choice in order are
1 Gary Patterson
2 Dave Aranda
3 Norvell at Memphis
4 Mason from Vandy
5 UAB HC (can't remember his name)

Now I know most of these aren't even realistic... But who else would y'all put on your wish list for Christmas?
Later,
Hagar
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Aranda
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Someone know something??? The coach at UAB Bill Clark excellent choice if Mike Leach isn't available :( :(
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

I understand Urban Meyer will be available... :lol:
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I feel Tommy Boy is coaching
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pmAranda
Wanted Aranda when we hired Luke, still do...
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Right now, I will take anyone that has college or better HC experience. NO position coach unless it is from Bama as all of their position coaches could be HC coaches in most cases.
cajunrebel

GtownRebel wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:01 am Right now, I will take anyone that has college or better HC experience. NO position coach unless it is from Bama as all of their position coaches could be HC coaches in most cases.
My name is Cajun and I approve this message!
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
darylscook
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Hagar wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:27 pm Suppose for a moment that Luke and Co get canned this year end... Who do y'all prefer.... My choice in order are
1 Gary Patterson
2 Dave Aranda
3 Norvell at Memphis
4 Mason from Vandy
5 UAB HC (can't remember his name)

Now I know most of these aren't even realistic... But who else would y'all put on your wish list for Christmas?
Why is Leach not on this list
1. Leach
2. Aranda
3 Norvell
4 Gary Patterson
5. Clark
-----
Go Rebs!!
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Leach wouldn't be on my top 100 list.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:41 pm Leach wouldn't be on my top 100 list.
Why? He has WASHINGTON STATE in the top 10.
Some Random Dude
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I guess it doesn't matter. Any new coach will be pc. It's all Vitter would do. Ws won't mean a thing to him.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:01 pm
JustBlues wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:41 pm Leach wouldn't be on my top 100 list.
Why? He has WASHINGTON STATE in the top 10.
1) Success in the Pac-12 and/or the Big 12 does not necessarily translate to success in the SEC. I do not believe that he would be successful in the SEC.

2) I also do not think that Washington State finishes in the top ten. Being in the top ten in the middle of the season and actually deserving to be in the top ten after all the smoke clears are two separate things.

3) Although winning is very important to me, even if he was the best coach at winning games in the world, which he isn't, I would not want him as coach because of other things about him that I do not like. I think that we can find a coach that is at least as good at winning as he is without his baggage. I also think that some of the things I don't like about him would be used against him in trying to recruit in SEC country and I'm not so sure that the NCAA vendetta against Ole Miss wouldn't be made worse by the presence of his personality.

4) It is my opinion. I do not mind if you, or everyone for that matter, have a different opinion. It makes neither you nor me nor anyone else willing to express an opinion flawed in any way or wrong. It's just an opinion.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Leach won’t make it to Ole Miss. I could bet on it. Leach can come across as nuts but it’s usually his use of sarcasm arguing his point. He doesn’t care for fat girl friends. He is not afraid of those who can cause him problems. ie pac 12 commissioner and ncaa. He takes up for those who try. I’ve seen him be hard on his players and he has had their back other times. Figure him out? Can’t be done and that is one reason he is hard to coach against. He can coach but he won’t conform to your or anybody else’s wishes. He has been good for football but don’t worry. He’s not coming to Ole Miss.
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Im to the point where I don't care who it ism as long as he makes some drastic defensive changes.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan