Let's play a game

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

GtownRebel
All American
All American

My hope is for a DC with experience. With Vitter leaving in January Luke is safe imo. Bjork may not be.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I don’t know who is safe and who isn’t. Doesn’t matter. The more I hear things like “ it’s not good for football for (insert blue blood name team) to not be good “. Well doesn’t that mean if Purdue was competing for their division and Michigan wasn’t it would be bad for football? Or if say bama and Georgia wasn’t contending, auburn, LSU and Florida are as good as they are now but ole miss or South Carolina were really good the word would be this is a down year for the sec. Or how bout when they openly said “ Ole Miss can’t get 5 star players unless something went on”. They have all but come out and said it that they won’t allow but their normal top 20 picks each year to have a chance. This reminds me so much of the nba during the Jordan years when a rookie was looking good but not allowed to be top notch because and this is a quote of many times “he hasn’t been in the league long enough to get that call”. Talent meant nothing and today talent still doesn’t mean anything. Just be sure to keep the same teams in contention. Boise st has a better chance of making the playoffs than the average power 5 team.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Bill Clark was top 3 for me when we "hired" Luke. UAB was not playing football 2 years ago and they are a top 25 team at 9-1. If you have gone to a game at Legion field this century, you understand that accomplishment.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

bbqit wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:06 pm I don’t know who is safe and who isn’t. Doesn’t matter. The more I hear things like “ it’s not good for football for (insert blue blood name team) to not be good “. Well doesn’t that mean if Purdue was competing for their division and Michigan wasn’t it would be bad for football? Or if say bama and Georgia wasn’t contending, auburn, LSU and Florida are as good as they are now but ole miss or South Carolina were really good the word would be this is a down year for the sec. Or how bout when they openly said “ Ole Miss can’t get 5 star players unless something went on”. They have all but come out and said it that they won’t allow but their normal top 20 picks each year to have a chance. This reminds me so much of the nba during the Jordan years when a rookie was looking good but not allowed to be top notch because and this is a quote of many times “he hasn’t been in the league long enough to get that call”. Talent meant nothing and today talent still doesn’t mean anything. Just be sure to keep the same teams in contention. Boise st has a better chance of making the playoffs than the average power 5 team.
This is 💯. We can hire Urban Meyer or keep Matt Luke. 6-9 wins is our max. We will not be allowed to win championships. I hate it, but it’s very very clear. We will never be anything but an independence bowl program.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

While I’m still ticked off how bout the latest. A nine conference game schedule will be better for fans and will be a more difficult schedule. Difficult for who? So bama adds Kentucky or vandy to their schedule. Big deal. Will that be any harder game to win than playing Bleeding Hearts of the Blind? No but ask vandy and Kentucky about trying to get to six wins by replacing tenn Chattanooga with Alabama. It creates an environment that keeps the lower tier teams down. Fewer bowls for them and fewer recruits because of a serious lack of hope. Every time they mention it they justify it by saying Saban is for it. Of course he is. Duh