women basketball

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

The lady Rebs hung on to defeat Western Michigan today by a score of 69-66. They had a horrible third quarter, but managed to win 69-66. This team is off a good start; UP next for them is UCON.....
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Goroth

UCONN wins 106-32
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I bet if we had 3 more minutes, we'd made a come back.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Doesn't UConn play in the WNBA? If not, they should.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We would have won if not for that controversial call...
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Wait, are we saying that UConn is even better than IUPUI?
GtownRebel
All American
All American

You can make your own conclusions as to how many NC UCONN has and how many IUPUI has. Simple math on that one.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Uconn defeated the lady Rebs by a score of 90-50. They play Purdue today at 4:30
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Why is it considered ok to run up the score in women’s sports and not ok in men’s sports?
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:33 am Why is it considered ok to run up the score in women’s sports and not ok in men’s sports?
Good question...
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:33 am Why is it considered ok to run up the score in women’s sports and not ok in men’s sports?
I think that whether it is "considered ok" or not in either is depending on to whom you are talking. There is certainly no universal consensus that it's "not ok" in men's sports and I have certainly seen some criticism of UCONN women for the way that they win games. I think that the tone of the conversation has more to do with who watches the games than anything. I think that "running up the score" in general is more accepted in basketball or baseball than in football.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

JustBlues wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:45 am
I think that whether it is "considered ok" or not in either is depending on to whom you are talking. There is certainly no universal consensus that it's "not ok" in men's sports and I have certainly seen some criticism of UCONN women for the way that they win games. I think that the tone of the conversation has more to do with who watches the games than anything. I think that "running up the score" in general is more accepted in basketball or baseball than in football.
It's almost impossible to not run up the score if you're the vastly superior team in basketball because of the shot clock. Back in the day, you could hold the ball.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

At least put the bench warmers in a min or two
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

The Women defeated the LA Ragin Cajuns on Wednesday of this week: score : 79-57. They lost on the road today to LA TECH 80-71. Two players fouled out... 20 something turnovers. Coach Yo got a Technical Foul. A sloppy game all around. And in her post game comments: Coach Yo ( IMO) rolled her players under the bus by saying; " players did not buy into the game plan; that would put them in a position to win". oh yea and then she added " we just have to get better"