Tell me Ole Miss BB isn't fun

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Goroth

Amazing game and win. I hope they continue to put on a show worth watching.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Kermit is being mentioned as a national COY candidate. He’s got these boys playing lights out. So fun to watch.
Goroth

If he can keep up this pace he has to be in the picture. Worst to anything near first should get him some votes.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

That was an impressive win today. Humphrey Coliseum was rocking the entire game and we got hit for 3 techs (questionable calls at that) in the game. To overcome and still win in that environment is a testament to dam good coaching. I’m passed impressed with this hire and hope Davis and Co keeps it’s going. This could be an interesting season for sure.
Goroth

rebelbear wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:28 pm That was an impressive win today. Humphrey Coliseum was rocking the entire game and we got hit for 3 techs (questionable calls at that) in the game. To overcome and still win in that environment is a testament to dam good coaching. I’m passed impressed with this hire and hope Davis and Co keeps it’s going. This could be an interesting season for sure.
Well I don't know if I am going to jump all in on Davis yet. But have seen some good things from him so far. Still a long way to go in season 1 for him. Certainly a better start than most of us imagined.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MSU should have brought their women’s team
steve nichols
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Davis is a great coach, just attend a few practices and you’ll understand the changes in team
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

steve nichols wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:10 pm Davis is a great coach, just attend a few practices and you’ll understand the changes in team
I don’t even need to go to practice to understand. I mean he’s doing this with basically the same roster that won 12 games a year ago.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:05 pm
steve nichols wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:10 pm Davis is a great coach, just attend a few practices and you’ll understand the changes in team
I don’t even need to go to practice to understand. I mean he’s doing this with basically the same roster that won 12 games a year ago.
That team that won 12 games last year won 22 the year befote. Vitter blew the year up before it started. That was the reason we lost our top recruiter and 2 highly rated players before the season started. Those 2 are starting for Georgetown and Pitt respectfully. Make no mistake, Davis is a VERY good coach. Maybe the best we've ever had. He keeps this up, and there may be a statue of him when he retires. But just saying this team has talent, and don't compare last year's talent on last year's record. It was blown up before it ever got started. It had talent.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

rebeljim wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:25 pm
That team that won 12 games last year won 22 the year befote. Vitter blew the year up before it started. That was the reason we lost our top recruiter and 2 highly rated players before the season started. Those 2 are starting for Georgetown and Pitt respectfully. Make no mistake, Davis is a VERY good coach. Maybe the best we've ever had. He keeps this up, and there may be a statue of him when he retires. But just saying this team has talent, and don't compare last year's talent on last year's record. It was blown up before it ever got started. It had talent.
That team lacked the discipline that Kermit has brought to the program. Just look at the vast improvement in shot selection and defense.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:25 pm
I know the team had talent last year. That was my point. Talent plus good coaching makes it actually fun to watch. It definitely wasn’t the talent that was lacking last year.