Beat down in T town.

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We are getting absolutely destroyed in every facet of the game against the Tide. I'm concerned there is a trend. We seem to struggle against long athletic teams. Barely into the 2nd half Davis is a hair away from fouling out.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Davis fouls out with 16 minutes left in the second half... We have not arrived, a lot of work to do... We are in danger of getting doubled up.
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

BAMA not a bad team, think we were a little over due for this butt kicking. Just lace up the shoes go get the next one.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

This was by far the worst we've looked this year. This was the most unprepared we've been all year. I'm hopeful that it's more of a fluke than a trend, and will serve as a wake-up call. We will see how Kermit gets them to bounce back this weekend at home.
Goroth

Sometimes you need a slap in the face to wake you up. No reason to panic yet.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:13 am This was by far the worst we've looked this year. This was the most unprepared we've been all year. I'm hopeful that it's more of a fluke than a trend, and will serve as a wake-up call. We will see how Kermit gets them to bounce back this weekend at home.
I think Davis did this for teaching reasons, with him allowing TD to stay in the game and foul out. It was obvious very early on that we had no chance in this game, and he allowed the beat down to happen for teaching reasons.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Probably, and it hurt that Shuler is a hurt player, and some players are one dimensional. KD has his work cut out for himself.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

rebeljim wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:24 pm
rebelbear wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:13 am This was by far the worst we've looked this year. This was the most unprepared we've been all year. I'm hopeful that it's more of a fluke than a trend, and will serve as a wake-up call. We will see how Kermit gets them to bounce back this weekend at home.
I think Davis did this for teaching reasons, with him allowing TD to stay in the game and foul out. It was obvious very early on that we had no chance in this game, and he allowed the beat down to happen for teaching reasons.
Agreed. And, if you look at the signees that Kermit has coming in, they are that same long, athletic type that is giving us fits. Stay the course...we're getting there.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
GtownRebel
All American
All American

It doesn't happen over night for sure, but I believe we have a winner with coach Davis. JMHO