Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

GAMEDAY!

Keys to the Game:
1. Exploit the Vols down low.
The Rebs are going to have to go down low on offense to Curtis, Williams, Parnell, and White. If there is one area on the floor where the Rebs can take advantage of UT it will be on the blocks and in rebounding.
2. Eniel Polynice needs to fill the stat sheet
We do not need Eniel Polynice to score 20 for us to win, but we need him to be effective in all areas of the game, rebounding, scoring, assists, and most importantly defense. EP will probably be matched up with J.P. Prince and will have a difficult time guarding a player with that much length and quickness. The Rebs need him to step up his game.
3. No freshman mistakes
The Rebel freshmen cannot commit careless turnovers during this game. Every possession will be valuable against this Tennessee team.
4. Quick starts
This will be the largest crowd 13 of the 15 players on roster have played against, that’s how inexperienced this team is. Ole Miss needs to get out to a quick lead and try to neutralize Thompson-Bowling Arena, easier said than done.

Coaching Strategies
1. Let Malcolm White see a bigger role.
This will be the ideal game to let Malcolm White loose and showcase his athletic ability. While Dwayne Curtis should dominate Chism down on the blocks, he will not be able to hang with him on the defensive side of the ball. Kenny and Parnell may be able to, but I’m curious to see how the kid White will play in a game that should be one of the fastest paced of the year.
2. Go Big at times.
I’d love to see the Rebs throw a line up of Warren, Polynice, White, Williams, Curtis, or something to that effect. If the Rebs do that they are not sacrificing speed and the fast break game, but could have three post players in at once against a Tennessee team with only two true post players.
3. Don’t feel like you have to run.
Even though the Rebs pride themselves on their ability to be a run and gun team does not mean they have to tonight. Tennessee is at their best when the game picks up speed so why play to one of their strengths even though it is one of yours too. I hate to keep harping on this, but settle into some half-court sets and feed the ball to the post. If you keep doing this Tennessee will start collapsing their zone (you know the Rebs will see plenty of 2-3 zone) or double-team the posting leaving Huertas or anyone else open on the wings.
Townes
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Today is the day. I can't believe it. The week has crept by. It's finally here.

I think we can beat them, but we can't relinquish momentum to them. We have to seize it early and keep it.

Lastly, with the game on the line, in the last few seconds, I want the ball in Dwayne Curtis' hands. If he is successful, we will win.
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Down 45-44 at the Half
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We just seem very out of control to me. We're down by 11 right now.

We have a very good team, but we throw up some bad shots and just seem out of control.

Some ridiculous calls against both teams.

Warren is for real.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

On the comeback. Down 77-76 with about 4:40 left. They don't give up and even though they look out of control, there's also a coolness to them. Warren just looks like nothing bothers him.
Some Random Dude
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Now would be a good time for a clutch three
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

He didnt have to try it from the parking lot :(

I cant watch lol
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JoeRebel wrote:He didnt have to try it from the parking lot :(

I cant watch lol
He's thrown a few long ones. It looks like Kennedy trusts completely.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Down 12, fought back, clutch 3 to take the lead, quick rebound and layup. Up by 4 with 2:19 to play.

Win or lose, these guys are for real!
Some Random Dude
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

d***!
Goroth

2.6 seconds left and he throws it from half court... if your not aware of how to tell time dont have the ball. At least Ole Miss just lost this one themselves. Missed the 1 and 1 FT with 32 secs left. left the get a layup with 4 1/2 seconds left. Then chunk it and half court to not have a chance. At least call a timeout if you have any kinda clue you dont know what your doing. Yes im upset.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Tough loss. Lost by 2 with 4 seconds left.

Huertas put a horrific shot while we're tied with under a minute left.

This team is good. I hope this loss doesn't discourage them.

Gotta stop taking bad shots and they seemed a little careless on defense at times.

As long as they can get over this loss, it's gonna be a good year.
Some Random Dude
done

Year end year out it always boils down to free throws. If you make the clutch free throws in the SEC you win, if not you lose.

We let one slip away here. Could have been a very huge win.

We are still in good shape, but letting this one get away stings.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Honestly, I can't get down with this one. We played the #8 team in the land on their floor and lost by 2. We are a young team with 9 new faces on the team and we almost steal one from TN. How can anyone be disappointed. This is a good TN team and obviously we are good too.

Show up this Saturday and support this team...be loud and proud!