Rivals Write Up

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Picking us at #15. The lowest so far. With our pitching we should be top 10, but I'm biased. Replacing Cozart and Henry will be the biggest problem.

Good info here:

http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=762914
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

I agree with you; however I also can't blame someone for being skeptical of the Rebels. Every year has looked like "our year" and every year we bow out in the SRs. Like I said before and I believe it. We are the BEST TEAM to never go to Omaha in the Bianco era. We've always looked good on paper. This year we look outstanding on paper. It has to translate to the games. No getting lazy against mediocre opponents. It demands our players to give 110% on every single play.
GO REBELS!!!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

oxfordrebel wrote:I agree with you; however I also can't blame someone for being skeptical of the Rebels. Every year has looked like "our year" and every year we bow out in the SRs. Like I said before and I believe it. We are the BEST TEAM to never go to Omaha in the Bianco era. We've always looked good on paper. This year we look outstanding on paper. It has to translate to the games. No getting lazy against mediocre opponents. It demands our players to give 110% on every single play.
Absolutely!!! I believe the exact same thing. We have been an underachiever in the past 4 years. I am glad to hear that someone who knows much more about our baseball program than I do, agrees with me. We lack that killer instinct. I want us to view every single opponent as the enemy from the first pitch to the last. Every opponent needs to be kicked in the throat and stomped in the head until they lay there bleeding and broken, coughing up pieces of teeth and lung!!! That's a little gross, but I believe that we truly need to develop that edge, chip on our shoulder, you don't mess with us mentality to be successful all year and deep into the CWS. I feel like we try to win with finesse and subtlety too often. I'd like to see our boys crank up the Big Rig and go barreling through the glass factory, you know?
L. S. WHO?
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

oxpatchreb wrote:
oxfordrebel wrote:quote]

Every opponent needs to be kicked in the throat and stomped in the head until they lay there bleeding and broken, coughing up pieces of teeth and lung!!!
DaaaYum! 8O 8)
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Redbluedude wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:
oxfordrebel wrote:quote]

Every opponent needs to be kicked in the throat and stomped in the head until they lay there bleeding and broken, coughing up pieces of teeth and lung!!!
DaaaYum! 8O 8)
that sounds like a Calhoun Co Curbstomping.
(Def.) propping your opponents skull in such a way as to assure his front teeth are squarely placed on a curb and then stomping ones opponent in the back of the head.

this submission works every time.
Later,
Hagar
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Most painful thing to imagine and probably the only movie scene I cannot watch without looking away everytime (the one in American History X when he curb stomps those two guys)
ekmjr1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

MtownRebel wrote:Most painful thing to imagine and probably the only movie scene I cannot watch without looking away everytime (the one in American History X when he curb stomps those two guys)
That same scene was exactly what came to my mind. I've seen a lot of ugly scenes in movies, but that scene makes my skin crawl every time I think about it and for some reason, I have never been able to lose it. Any time one of my kids loses a tooth or something happens that makes me think about a tooth getting knocked out, that scene comes back to me. It was just one of those scenes that haunts your memory for some reason.