ISU game #3

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Poor base running there in the 10th. Also, poor at bat, forgot who, when we failed to BUNT, freakin' bunt Henry over to 2nd.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

we should ALL complain about the dang game watcher freezing all the time. Hey , the ads don't freeze, why should the scoreboard.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

rebelliousb wrote:we should ALL complain about the dang game watcher freezing all the time. Hey , the ads don't freeze, why should the scoreboard.
Rebellious, are you not listening to it? It's on the web radio from olemisssports.com
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

yes stupid thing is drivin me crazy! i wish i could find one good site that gives good college baseball information.
HottyToddy'06
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

YESSSSS!!! MATT FREAKIN' SMITH goes yard. Rebs Win!!!

Rebs 6-5.
Last edited by Redbluedude on Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OVER!!!!!!!
HottyToddy'06
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Redbluedude wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:we should ALL complain about the dang game watcher freezing all the time. Hey , the ads don't freeze, why should the scoreboard.
Rebellious, are you not listening to it? It's on the web radio from olemisssports.com
No, I was dumb enough to upgrade my VISTA premium to VISTA ULTRA, and lost my speakers...can't find a driver upgrade (yet, anyway). frustrating. I do have a Linux, but can't listen to OM sports (Media Player) on it.
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

This game makes me feel better than the 22-5 win against Minnesota. We were down, fought back to force extra innings, and came away with the win. It wasn't pretty, but there aren't pictures on a Box Score.
Don't try to teach a pig to sing. They'll call you silly names and get all bitter about head coach.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

rrlynch wrote:This game makes me feel better than the 22-5 win against Minnesota. We were down, fought back to force extra innings, and came away with the win. It wasn't pretty, but there aren't pictures on a Box Score.
Agree completely!!! I know I keep harping on it but killer instinct, it's freakin' INVALUABLE!!!! Logan knew, he freakin' KNEW he was going to get a hit. And the rest of the guys KNEW that if they could just get to the plate, they were going to win. MAN!! I'd like to have been a fly on the wall in our dugout in that 9th inning.

We are supposed to have faith as fans, and they showed us why. I may complain about losses from time to time this year, but I promise it'll be after it's over. They taught me a lesson today, I was talking during class and they walked over, grabbed my hand and whacked the CRAP out of me with a thick *beep* ruler!!!

This fan has learned his lesson.

GREAT WIN!!!!!!
Last edited by oxpatchreb on Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L. S. WHO?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Redbluedude wrote:YESSSSS!!! MATT FREAKIN' SMITH goes yard. Rebs Win!!!

Rebs 6-5.
Said it before and I'll say it again....... MATT SMITH IS A BAD*BEEP*!!!!!!!!!

What a finish.... need a drink after that one for sure. :shock: :wow: :thumb:
L. S. WHO?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

I already complained about not being able to get the audio, this is the response I got....

Request Description:not getting any audio from live broadcast link for the baseball game today. checked my comp audio settings, every things working with other sites....

any ideas?

The following response is provided:

Dear Fan,

Thank you very much for your email. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while using our service. We are currently aware of these technical issues that prevented you from enjoying the events. We are doing everything possible to improve the service we are offering and hope your next event will be more enjoyable. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we correct these unfortunate technical problems.

Thank you for your support and consideration; please do not hesitate in contacting us again if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Cesar
JumpTV Sports Support

I'm sure the response about GT freezing would be similar. Can't expect much out of a free service I guess. :roll:
L. S. WHO?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

So...I got to listen to it through the 5th and was absolutely down. Did my class and got a text saying it was tied in the bottom of the 9th and headed to extras. Got back to the radio with the bases juiced in the bottom of the 10th. No dice.

But the beautiful sound of the *DING* off Matt Smith's bat...there's not better sound in the world of sports. I've been screaming that for two or three years now and now one believes me.

This is by FAR the best win of the young season. The guys just gritted this one out. They did what they had to do when they were called on. This was an excellent ramp up for the TCU series followed by SEC play. This is what you're going to face, only better. The guys had to realize that you can't just show up and expect to win. Today was a war to get the guys battle ready. They passed the first test. USM will be another war Tuesday night. If there is any way possible to get to the park at 5 pm on Tuesday night, GET HERE! We have to fill the stadium and make those yellow chickens wish they had never set foot in Swayze!

Congrats guys!!
GO REBELS!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Oh yeah forgot to mention. I've got HUGE respect for Indiana State after this weekend. They walked into #2 in the nation's house and took them to the wire in every game, including the bigger Reb win on Saturday. They showed no fear, no backing down, and no giving up at any time at all. They came to Oxford to play and play they did--even in a horrible fog! The Rebs bats were still hot, but they couldn't get the clutch hit to bring them around and that was due to so good pitching by ISU. The Rebs left over 30 runners on base this weekend. ISU did what they needed to do to get outta innings, keep the games close, and battled hard on Saturday before finally letting it run away late in the game.

ISU was picked to tie for 7th in the Missouri Valley Conference this year by the coaches of the MVC. Won't happen, I'm tellin ya right now. They won't win the MVC because Wichita State is in that conference, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them finish between second and fourth if they stay healthy and their pitchers stay hot.
GO REBELS!!!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

oxfordrebel wrote:Oh yeah forgot to mention. I've got HUGE respect for Indiana State after this weekend. They walked into #2 in the nation's house and took them to the wire in every game, including the bigger Reb win on Saturday. They showed no fear, no backing down, and no giving up at any time at all. They came to Oxford to play and play they did--even in a horrible fog! The Rebs bats were still hot, but they couldn't get the clutch hit to bring them around and that was due to so good pitching by ISU. The Rebs left over 30 runners on base this weekend. ISU did what they needed to do to get outta innings, keep the games close, and battled hard on Saturday before finally letting it run away late in the game.

ISU was picked to tie for 7th in the Missouri Valley Conference this year by the coaches of the MVC. Won't happen, I'm tellin ya right now. They won't win the MVC because Wichita State is in that conference, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them finish between second and fourth if they stay healthy and their pitchers stay hot.
Absolutely, after Friday and Saturday's games, I have to admit I thought we would let the last game get away from us based on ISU's never give up attitude. They just played REALLY hard the whole weekend. That's why I thought we were going to lose Sunday. I thought they had finally figured us out and gotten the advantage they needed. The kid that pitched on Sunday was out of his head. Kept us quiet all game until the end.

I think you're right, the team that played us this weekend is NOT a bottom of the conference team. They'll give people fits all year.
L. S. WHO?
------------------

We'd better prepare ourselves for this all season. We very well could be the best team in the SEC and one of the best in the nation and because of that, there's a big 'ol bullseye on us. EVERYONE we play is gonna bring their A game. I think the TCU series will let us know just how good this team really is.